Tulsa

or 3 Chicago

or 4 - minny

Topic #24213 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most likely number one.

Reply #294949 | Report this post

if she goes at number one it will be minny - they have picks 1 and 4.

pick 5 is L.A.

Reply #294951 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whilst we can all hope Liz Cambage goes No.1, in relaity, the No.1 pick is already a done deal...It was the Maya Moore lottery.

Maya Moore is a 6-foot senior guard from the all-conquering University of Connecticut and is a shoe-in.

Cambage is likely to go No.2.

Reply #294965 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think she'll go 1 because big girls like her don't come by very often. She's projected to be the next big thing around...

Reply #294969 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Liz Cambage who at 10years was fat, teased and hopeless at sport. 2 years ago didn't know what World's was - now just turned 19 and Australias best player at her first.

Reply #294977 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Pretty sure two years ago she was playing at the U19 worlds. But otherwise, your point is taken. She's proved a couple of people very wrong with the way she has stepped up and become more then just a 'potential' star. She's legit now - and whats more scary is that she still has so much room for improvement!

Reply #294979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she played primary school state when she was 11. how was she hopeless at sport at 10

Reply #295027 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got into Basketball at the age of 10 after my mum encouraged me to join up and make new friends.
(and played about 30years, 3000games. So a good idea by mum.)
Anyways - I'm only the messenger. I'm not important.

She got into Basketball at the age of 10 after her mum encouraged her to join up and make new friends
(after moving house)

Liz Cambage - " I absolutely hated playing Basketball because I was such a chubby lazy kid. But it was a good idea by my mum I guess.
It wasn't easy growing up though, being teased about my size."

Reply #295036 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I think she will go #2 - as LC said this is the Maya Moore draft and I doubt that Minnesota will want to risk pulling a Sam Bowie - but I'm not sure that Liz will end up in Tulsa (who own the #2 pick). That is the worst team in the league for her. Cambage playing their "40 minutes of hell" system is something I hope never to have to witness, both for my sake and hers.
Hopefully the Shock either trades their pick before the draft, or trades Liz after picking her.

Even better, hopefully Tulsa believe the outright garbage written about her on their own website, and pick someone else at #2, leaving her for Chicago or Minnesota ;)

From their draft prospects page:
"** It should be noted that Cambage will have the option of declaring for the 2011 WNBA Draft. It's not a given that she will, though she's said she has the desire to play in the WNBA. ** "
http://www.wnba.com/shock/2011_wnba_draft_prospects.html

Reply #295131 | Report this post

Years ago

i'm starting to get on the minny bandwagon - they have pick 4 as well and could get maya and liz

Reply #295148 | Report this post

Sallina  
Years ago

I think Nolan is most likely going to pick from the collegiate crop. At least from what he has said "looking forward to the College Season and will be watching a lot of film".

I just hope Cambage doesn't end up at Tulsa. She needs someone thats going to help improve her game and Nolans is not the person to do it.

Hope Chicago or Minny pick her up (fingers crossed)!!!!!!

Reply #295304 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Liz will go #1 wihout a doubt.

She man-handled the USA while Jackson & Taylor got into foul trouble. She's a 20+ppg player in the WNBA and will make an immediate impact.

Sam Bowie???? Nah - she's a modern day Shaquille O'neal.

Reply #295765 | Report this post

BBoomersAus  
Years ago

All i can say is, Liz is an amazing player. I watch her every weekend in the Australian WNBL. She dominates every game she plays. Any team in the WNBA will be lucky to have her. She has been called the "Shaq of the WNBL".

I mean, she can dunk! Look out USA

Reply #308121 | Report this post

Armani  
Years ago

I am a basketballer myself. I play for Broadmedows Broncos. i am only 12 but every one thinks im older than 18 because of my hight.Elizabeth Cambage has tought me that it is okay to be tall and i look up to her.SHE IS AN OUTSTANDING BASKETBALL PLAYER!!!

Reply #319038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754