Isaac
Years ago

Funny Bogut declares for NBA draft

Andrew Bogut has officially declared for the draft after a press conference yesterday.

"I have no regrets and full-speed ahead," the 7-footer from Australia said at a news conference Monday.

Bogut, the leading vote-getter on the AP All-America team, averaged 20.4 points and 12.2 rebounds while leading the Utes to a 29-6 season, which ended with a loss to Kentucky in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.

Article on ESPN

Topic #2426 | Report this topic

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Any chance ESPN will show the NBA draft on Australian television this year? Hopefully so and considering Bogut will go in the top 3&.if not number 1

Reply #27100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it would be stupid not to have him as a number 1 draft, not only are his stats good, but he does a lot more things that aren't on the stat sheet too.

Reply #27104 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

just go easy, a lot could happen until draft day and you never know what teams are thinking.

Reply #27106 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

There is a good article I just read on Newspaper 'the age' website. Not massive, and if you have a spare minute it's worth checking out.

Reply #27217 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Second to last page of today's edition of The Advertiser has two good sized articles with photos about Bogut and Summerton too.

Reply #27220 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

they showed the draft last yr.....but then again they showed allstar weekend last yr and didnt this yr. unless u have sumone like lebron etc declarin its hard to pick the number 1#. obviously hes one of the best players in the draft but it depends who gets number 1 and what needs in their team they r lookin to fill

Reply #27283 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

now that bogut will be playin nba next season, does this mean he wont be playin commonwealth games?

Reply #27317 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i think thas right, heard people on the radio talking about this and they said he would not get to play.

Reply #27361 | Report this post

nbafan  
Years ago

The most over rated player to be drafted into the NBA..

This guy has good stats playing against players who are shorter than him...lol

Reply #27761 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well is that boguts fault that the other players are small?that comment is the worst.bogut played in the olympics,started and played against the best big men in the world eg duncan,yao,ilgalskas,gasol and didnt look at of place, and got a few double doubles.

Reply #27765 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

nbafan,

the last time you were double team by 7 footers was when???

Bogut did well against Duncan during the Olympics and does not take a backwards step. Does this mean that Chris Paul is overrated because he only plays against people taller than him???

Utah would not of been in the Sweet 16 and most probably the NCAA tournament if it wasn't for Bogut.

Just for interests sake, Bogut has not been drafted by the NBA.

Reply #27790 | Report this post

Petter Gay  
Years ago

i think bogut has alot of talent and would b a big step for australian basketball if he get drafted @ no.1, but for me itll b great for him to go no.1 but i dont want him goin no.1. I believe that the bucks are crap, bogut should not go to milwake they have no one there who can help bogut develop. who do they have D mason,TJ ford and redd(if he signs) they all got tallent but do they want to work together????

Guess not, if the bucks work arround bogut and the future of the francise they would be good but they want 2 base and work arround redd, he has not done nething for the franchise.

Would love to see him go @ 1 but i want to see him in Atlanta next year back in RED

Reply #38510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754