edk
Years ago

Ring height in Victoria

I was curious to find out what people think about the ring heights in Victoria...

I've noticed Reservoir stadium rings seem way too high ..(maybe so people to ruin them)

Mill prk i remember seemed around 10ft
Whittlesea is defintly way over 10ft

Outdoor rings in parks etc are way over 10ft imo

I measured a outdoor ring (10ft) an i can easily touch it.. go to somewhere like reservoir stadium and i feel half a ft off

?

Topic #24266 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Are you for real?

All major indoor competition stadiums are regulation 10 feet. The 4 court stadium in Reservoir used by Darebin are regulation, as are Mill Park's.

As for outdoor courts they do vary from location to location. I know some have rings around 10'6" to try and avoid people dunking and hanging from rings and damaging them.

Reply #295736 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Only difference in standard would be the size of the backboard - specifically the amount of backboard that is under the height of the ring. The more backboard under the ring, the lower the ring seems. I've seen older stadiums have up to 20cm of wood below the ring, whereas newer stadiums with glass backboards are all the same.

Reply #295740 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

LC & Astor if you think all indoor court rings are regulation then you never played on court 3 at forestville.

Reply #295778 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Court 2 at Forstville was regulation. It seemed higher because the court dropped down from court 2.

Reply #295781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port court 1 at 1 end used to be under 10ft. was great to play there

Reply #295782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:07 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754