skull
Years ago

OVERTIME - ONE HD ??

what does everyone think of this programme ???

i can not see one positive in it,the format is flawed,the the hosts are just flat out wrong and to tell you the truth i dont think i can watch it again!!

they need to change it from start to finish before it gets axed!!

Topic #24275 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I liked the idea posted on a Boti article on AdelaideNow re doing it in front of a live audience. e.g., before a game, or even just a small studio audience of die hard fans, or preceding a round in a 3-on-3 series or out at a community stadium. Something a bit more lively than a desk.

That said, I've watched all of about three minutes of the show total so only really interested in what represents basketball best.

Reply #295791 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

they have a lot of work to do. i missed the first ep but watched all of the 2nd on wednesday. gotta be honest i was really bored, i know the tigers are at the bottom of the ladder and people are talking about what they should do but talking about it for 75% of the show is like beating a dead horse. we got the point!

they need to recap on all the games played over the weekend not just one or two games for starters (i dont know if this is due to no footage? but even at the games where its not live they still have a camera recording the game so wouldnt be bad showing those clips). as another poster said bring back the top 10 plays of the week. and when giving your tips about the weekend games dont just tip the two that are televised tip all of them! that is all

Reply #295793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need to add segments because 3 guys sitting around talking with no humour for an hour isn't too exciting to be honest. It just drags on for too long. I agree that they need a top ten plays segment, maybe a weekly competition where they get an NBL player to complete some sort of skills challenge would make it more exciting and they need to have different people with steve carfino each week. Whenever he cracks a joke he gets nothing from the other two and it's really awkward.

Reply #295796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really enjoy watching Overtime but I think they should have some more interviews with players (getting to know them fun ones). I'd also like to see the section on the NBA go.

Reply #295804 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"I liked the idea posted on a Boti article on AdelaideNow re doing it in front of a live audience. e.g., before a game, or even just a small studio audience of die hard fans, or preceding a round in a 3-on-3 series or out at a community stadium. Something a bit more lively than a desk."

Good idea!

It's really dull but I'll watch it.

Carfino has very enthusiastic lines to say but doesn't say them in a real enthusiastic way if you know what I mean. Definitely not like what we used to see on 'NBL Wrap'.

The discussions between JVG and Henry are just boring and the NBA talk isn't all that in-depth. It's probably worth cutting the NBA part and leaving it to a 30min NBL show. Then watch Sportscenter for better NBA news.

Reply #295811 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

have a special guest like homocide.....give us a reason to watch next week!!!

Reply #295826 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Carfs top 10 plays of the week...

Reply #295982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BORING!!! Please....CONNER HENRY and JEFF VAN GRUNDY! Who cares about these two??they have no presence...Conner forget spending time analysising other teams and start cutting up tape on the teams you are playing against. Jeff....dont even rate a mention, what have you done in this sport???

Give me some Aussie ledgends who have actually done something in this sport and people may tune in...Gaze, Rono, Heal, Borner, Smyth, Keogh, Maher, LJ, Longley, list is endless.....get Magics two hacks off the show and you may have someting! We dont get these opportunities very often.... grab it.

Reply #296042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you crazy?
What has Jeff done in this sport?
Try his ECB tournament that opened the door to negotiations between the NBL and free to air!
Try having a lot to do with brokering the deal between them, even though the NBL were intimidated by his event at the time then came to realise it would help them.
Jeff has done a lot for the game, nobody is perfect and others you likely admire have flaws you're not aware of, but seriously, give some credit where it's due please.
If not for Jeff, we'd all still be complaining about 1 game a week in a one year contract with Fox sports worth about $5.
I am sick of all the Jeff knocking posts for Overtime etc, the show is still in it's infancy so please have some form of gratitude if you can as the show is evolving.

Reply #296091 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He has barely any public profile though.

Reply #296093 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

and without a public profile, who cares what he has to say?

Viewers want players, not admin or bean counters.

My vote goes to Boti's suggestion: Darryl "Iceman" Pearce. Every ex-player i know or have spoken to, all say he is the funniest and most captivating talker and story teller to have ever played the game.

Not to mention he is a hall-of-famer who could shoot the lights out.

Reply #296095 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Watched the first one - didn't watch the second and I'm usually a big follower of any basketball media.
Boti mentioned Chris Anstey - not sure if that's good or bad. My foot might go thru the TV - not sure if that's good or bad.

Reply #296096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To think he held a ground breaking tournament in your city which hardly any of you showed up to yet you kids sit on your high horses as though you're such experts on who should be on the show is utterly laughable.
He brought basketball back to free to air, brokered the deal between the two parties, so yeah, most the country would be more than happy to have him on a show that wouldn't even be there if not for him.
Whining one eyed jealous small minded ungrateful Adelaide idiots!

Reply #296102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this guy, Who cares if he negotiated Jordan to wear nike, people want to hear from players who speak from experience and not wannabes. If he was the guy that created the abortion that was the adelaide event I would not be saying that too proudly.

Having a current coach on the program discussing other teams Is fraught with danger in my book. If they film in sydney why not TIm Morrisey

Reply #296104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon '102, I think you might be a little too close to JVG and are taking this awfully personally. I've spoken to JVG once on the phone (during HSH) and he seemed like a great, proactive guy but it's not an Adelaide-centric perspective that he doesn't really have a national profile like Andrew Gaze or Shane Heal. A lot more people than just a couple of forum-posters here are suggesting alternative panellists.

That said, I'd probably trade out Henry before JVG.

Reply #296177 | Report this post

Smooth Pockets  
Years ago

They need a show that is a bit more fun and less serious.

Get Heal and Gaze on there and get rid of the other two. As has been said here before, they know their stuff and would be great to talk hoops with, but they have no profile.

They need a show like Matchday Saturday (soccer) on Fox Sports or Before the Bounce (AFL) also on Fox Sports and build it around an actual game. The best part about these shows in the banter. Add it with segments that feature a skills challenge and some old time footage "from the vault" and there's your show.

Reply #296358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I likely am taking it a bit personally but so are those that knock him.
The panel have a certain format and vibe they have to follow for now so just consider the fact that they are trying and have some scope to move but not as much as what many posters assume.
Everybody wants to knock Jeff, he was the whipping boy for things that happened in the past and its about time he stopped being tarred with the brush of the past.
Give him a chance because he does have his finger on the pulse in a lot more ways than stubborn people are prepared to acknowledge.
Sorry, I am just tired of everybody always knocking him and never really understanding the set of circumstances around it.

Reply #296494 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754