Morticia
Years ago

Lightning wouldn't beat a top 5 ABL team

Where to now for the Lightning? Private ownership might have kept them alive in name but they are dead in terms of resembling anything like the Adelaide unit that made girls want to play basketball.

Topic #24290 | Report this topic

fan  
Years ago

Totally agree. After the Dandenong game on TV last week their players were lined up at the end of the court to sign autographs. No use organising that for the Lightning!!
On another note: interesting contrast during the week in the "Advertiser". On one page the photo of the netball girls in their pretty pink uniforms and on the next Boti's article about the Cunningham sisters and their "art work".

Reply #296070 | Report this post

dont be too pessimistic.

alright - we are down a bit at the moment - we dont have big names and big results - but I have seen a couple of games and these girls are giving their all.

lightning are a proud club with a great history.

I am a supporter.

Reply #296084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teams who win a grand final, then often have to rebuild, it happens in all sports. Give Lightning a few years and they will be back in the top 5. I'm a supporter, I would be more of a supporter if Lightning came to play in the country like they did last year :(

Reply #296127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why have the lightning dropped their web site as BSA link is dead and they no longer have a web page?

Reply #296167 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Most WNBL team sites are now part of the WNBL: http://www.wnbl.com.au/index.php?id=23

Lightning previously ran two sites but dropped the non-WNBL one earlier this year.

Reply #296178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do most retain a local web site?

Reply #296202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Had a quick look around. Dandenong are the only ones I think. Canberra have a single page site (outside of the WNBL framework) which just has pricing info and a schedule.

All NBL teams work under the NBL.com.au banner also.

Reply #296207 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

l think they need to work on Defence they got none

Reply #296278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell Angela Marino to stop looking so hot,and just get on with the game.Being cute/gorgeous/sexy/overly spunky wont win games,ok but it will make me come for a look!

Reply #296566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think I just vomited in my mouth.

Reply #296678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754