Josef
Years ago

Breakers at perth

Perth just beat the breakers by 40!!!
Is that the biggest win in the Nbl for a longtime or what

Topic #24296 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

not only that they got 114 points in a 40 minute game. breakers got taken to School!!

Reply #296110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers just got owned!!
Very impressive win by Perth

Reply #296111 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

must not be enough sheep in Perth, baaaaaa haha great game by Redhage and Perth.

Reply #296112 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

it was because the sixers wore the breakers down. Made easy pickings for perth

Reply #296114 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

Yeah wish they came here 2nd on the road trip, did you go to the game SRT070 friday night?

Reply #296118 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh i did. Great game but we should have put them to sleep. Its depressing knowing how close we came. Ahwell. Atleast everyone has seen the breakers are not immune to the nbl

Reply #296120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers arent even close to be deserved to be spoken about in the same breathe as these 2 teams. Breakers lost by 40, but watch how quick they reload, they have a backkbone. Penney will change the complexion of any rematch here.

Reply #296123 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Wow wish the game was on one hd instead, would have loved to see the breakers get smashed.

Reply #296124 | Report this post

Josef  
Years ago

@anon what you talking about same breath, we beat Perth and lost to Nz by 4

Reply #296125 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

im with josef and also agree that it would have been awesome to see on one. Nz getting smoked!

Reply #296126 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

guys- coming off the game in adelaide- let's be honest, nz would be a different side if they had a week off (like perth did!)

Reply #296128 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Looks like NZ had a few key players in foul trouble. Good to see them get a loss since they didn't deserve their last win.

Anyone have the stats for rebounds per minute? I think Pledger would be leading by a fair bit. Mystro? Bill? Any idea why he's only getting 10-15mins a game?

Another great line by Martin with 12/12/6!

Reply #296134 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Thanks to Perth, I tipped all 5 this week :)

Reply #296136 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

pledger did not play well today- weak in their zone defense and got out rebounded

Reply #296138 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

7 rebounds in about 10 minutes from memory.

D has been pretty solid from what I've seen (admittedly, not tonight's game).

Reply #296143 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Smeshed 'em, bro.

Thanks for wearing them down for us on Friday. The Breakers definitely looked a little flat to me today.
Plenty of feeling in this game. You can tell these teams still dislike each other a lot, but the kiwis were just overwhelmed today. Beautiful to watch - finally most of the team looked to be in synch, which we haven't quite done yet this season. Now to not let our guard down as we travel to play the Tigers in a should-win game ...

Reply #296146 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Definite reality check.
We aren't that good (5-0) and we aren't that bad (40 points).
Pledger should play a little more given he is our only post player, but he is TO prone.
Perth are capable of cranking up D for 40 minutes and will blow teams out so I wouldn't read too much into the result except that Perth are ahead of the pack defensively.

Reply #296148 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

WOW, Perth absolutely smashed us lol.
No big deal, was only 1 game and their first loss this season to a very good side but since this is a Adelaide Forum I guess the only thing I can do now after a loss like that is start a "Sack the Imports" thread?

Reply #296150 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Ball handling a worry with 23 TO's, and we have been careless with ball in most games.
Out rebounded, shows a lack of effort and that is a bigger worry.
Perth got on a roll in 3rd quarter and went on with it.
Time for Breakers to regroup and get some confidence back.
Not sure what role Wilkinson is supposed to fill or what is expected from him?

Reply #296166 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah Im also a little unsure of what it is Wilkinson is supposed to be contributing apart from size and conflict with opposition players Bill.
props to Perth on getting the job done convincingly. Seems that Perth had an answer for everything NZ pulled out of the bag. Shame the game wasn't televised

Reply #296171 | Report this post

Big_Marty  
Years ago

*sigh* it's one loss. Nothing for NZ to worry about.

Considering they could have lost in Adelaide too, NZ did pretty well to come out of the Trip @ 1-1.

Granted 40pts was unexpected.

Reply #296173 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

One of those days. Well done Perth, obviously an awesome display. Just adds more spice to the series decider, as if it needed it! Braswell and Bruton will remember the shockers they had.

Reply #296191 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

breakers played poor, cats played very good. 23 to's but really a lot were passes that weren't there/trying something. i thought when we got on our run, 64-73 we got it back to after being down 51-73, pledge really killed us with some poor pressure in the paint (as the middle man in the zone)- not boxing out and closing out with enough intensity.

it is only 1 loss and we aren't 40 points behind perth realistically!! we still 5-1!!!

Reply #296204 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

also, josef i think the bullets smashed us (breakers) by a margin close to that a few years ago, and singapore took some smashings. also, townsville destroyed brisbane 126-63 back in the early naughties when bullets had damien ryan, wade helliwell, simon kerle, sheldon quarles and kelvin price playing!

Reply #296238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754