Tyrell
Years ago

Amateurs and Juniors thinking too high of themself

Hi All,

Just a reflection, having spent some time with various NBL teams as waterboy, team manager and general assistant, all the players are friendly and get along well.

WHY THEN, at junior level and even amateurs do we have people who prance around thinking their hot $h!t when all they are playing is C grade on a Wednesday night. OR EVEN juniors who are in state teams who think they are all that.

Who is to blame, How can we stop it?

Topic #24325 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear ya mate. there are some people who play like cr*p most of the season, then have 1 good game and act like theyre the "be all and end all" of the team. really sucks

Reply #296663 | Report this post

Jr_Sr  
Years ago

It's a combination of society and parents, but mostly parents are to blame.

The only option I see is that people need a license to be a parent, kinda like a drivers license. You gotta pass a test to get one - keeps out the idiots. Then if you or your kids are a douche you get fined or have your license revoked - keeps people accountable.

or

We have video cameras everywhere, i mean all public places, then every night that footage is shown on the news so everyone can see how big a douche someone has been.

Thoughts?

Reply #296664 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

i like the second one- that would keep everyone accountable and further expose these douche bags for everyone to see- nice points jr_sr.

but seriously.....

Reply #296688 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It would also sort out some of the random calls that refs make and could even assist the third video ref that should be at every game.

Reply #296690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyrell,
you lost me with your NBL crap that all the players get along so well. The closest you must have come to NBL players would be from the stands

Reply #296704 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

anonymous-you don't know me, so i wouldn't be making comments like that. i have had extensive experience with several nbl clubs, and throughout that time, all the teams i have been with have had a good camaraderie- perhaps you may have not had great experiences but doesn't mean all teams are like that. yes we had our differences but at the end the players got along well!

Reply #296739 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Tyrell's chain has been pulled!

Reply #296744 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754