Isaac
Years ago

Kerry Williams done for the season

"He will have surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) and will miss the rest of the season. It's a huge blow for Kerry and the team - everyone was really hopeful he could come back this year but it’s just not worth the risk now."

“Kerry is certainly a big part of our long-term plan, so we want him to take time now to rehabilitate his knee and come back fitter and stronger than ever next season.”

Beecroft said Williams would be placed on the long-term injury list and the club would now look at signing a replacement player.
I think he's their YAP but now that he's been injured during the season, they may be able to replace him with a non-YAP?

Topic #24356 | Report this topic

clarky  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure if it's a season ending injury which occurs during a game, a YAP can be replaced by any player (as long as they fit in the points cap).

I'm not 100% sure on that though, so don't hold me to it...

Reply #297207 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I thought they might've been rushing things when they brought him back weeks before he was due. Poor bloke.

Reply #297218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754