NBA agent
Years ago

Erick Dampier Signs with Miami Heat

The 6-11, 265-pound Dampier has signed with the heat on a one-year deal at the veteran's minimum wage to cover for the loss of Udonis.

Means that Bosh can stay at 4 ratheir than having to play 5 at times.

thoughts on the siging.

Topic #24364 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Heat are still going to struggle at the Center position.

Z is not a true "body-banging, rebounding" center--more inclined to pick and pop or float around the mid-range which is his strength.

Joel Anthony has shown, in the games this season, that he is still far from been a solid Center in the league. To my suprise he is only 6"9(2.06) so really lack of height to play the Center position anyway.

Jaamal Magloire is not the Center that he used to be back in NO when he averaged 13 and 10. Last year with the Heat he averaged onyl 2.1 points and played 10MPG.

Chris Bosh is not a Center so theres no way he can be utilised at this position. Definently suited to the PF position--Similar to Amare.

Dexter Pittman out of Texas is a rookie and is injured anyway.

Eric Dampier is 35. Can he keep up with the more athletic centers in the game today?

Let me tell you..Come playoff time the likes of Duncan, Howard, Bogut, Gasol, (the better one--cant remember who) and even Noah would tear up anyone of those centers listed above.

The Heat will not win a title without a solid center, period. They might get to the Finals, but how would they deal with Pau, Seriously?
Im not saying they need to go out and get a superstar center(because they simply cannot do that given the cash situation etc.), but if they had even a solid one such as Chris Kaman they would be so much more deadlier!

Reply #297347 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"(the better one--cant remember who)"

That was supposed to read: "Lopez (the better one--cant remember who)"

But then I took it out because I realised the Nets won't make the playoffs LOL. Forgot to take the bracket bit out.

Reply #297348 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

NJ could make the playoffs yet. The 7th and 8th spots could be anyones.

Reply #297349 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

They cut a guard to sign their 5th chump centre. Lolz

Reply #297361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754