mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Blaze

I hope NZ don't suck tonight

Topic #24368 | Report this topic

NBA agent  
Years ago

Cant see NZ being beat for third straight week and second at home. They will easily account for the blaze and penny to be one of the better players.

NZ by 12

Reply #297375 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh i think NZ have this one in the bag, but it may be closer than people are thinking.

NZ by 6

Reply #297378 | Report this post

Mr Spoon  
Years ago

Gold Coast have the attitude and a growing confidence off the bench with the likes of Chris Goulding playing some sensational minutes. But the Breakers are in disgrace after two bad losses. The most recent coming last week on their own pine.

You just can't imaging them losing three on the trot?.

Stay tuned for a much improved performance from Kirk Penney as the Breakers go to town on the Blaze. Breakers by at least 30

Reply #297379 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

I think this game will be won or lost in the first 5 minutes...

Reply #297381 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers are paying $2.10 for -9. I can't see them dropping this one and the Blaze have been having some awful starts which means the crowd could be fired up from the beginning.

Take that with a grain of salt though as my betting account is trending down, not up!

Reply #297384 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

you would think that after the past couple of woeful performances that the Breakers would have been training their asses off.

Reply #297390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here was Wright's starting combo tonight:

Gibson
Hudson
Harvey
Hoare
Worthington

And what he started against the Tigers:

Gibson
Harvey
Worthington
Clark
Garlepp

Reply #297420 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Not pretty for the Blaze - getting killed on the boards and getting killed on the score sheet. NZ have taken 32 shots to the Blaze's 20 and lead 49:31 with 2 minutes to half time!

Reply #297421 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

PS - you got your wish Mystro!

Reply #297422 | Report this post

stonne  
Years ago

we almost have last weeks score in the first half!!! good shooting display so far!!!!

Reply #297423 | Report this post

Former Blaze Fan  
Years ago

unacceptable just bloody unacceptable

Reply #297426 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

And Harvey went down with a torn calf. Yikes!

Reply #297427 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Like seeing wortho and gibbo lose, i loathe those players! Good times haha

Reply #297429 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Blaze are woeful. Team of individuals playing as individuals...

Reply #297434 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Lol Peter ;) yeah they had flashes of crap but for the most the Breakers looked pretty good.
Big block by Wortho on Vukona but gotta feel bad for the blaze, Harvey going down with an injury is another nail in the coffin for them. Gibson shot the ball well and got to the rim but unfortunately no one else apart from Wortho stepped up offensively.
Good game from Corey Webster, shot the ball well and had good hands on D and was nice to see the Breakers development players get out on the court at the end although I would have prob played BJ Anthony a bit earlier (he may not have trained strongly after is injury though).
Abercrombie found his touch outside and nailed one of his trade mark ally oops. Wilkinson needs to sort out dribbling and sealing in the post cos he turned the ball over a number of times with sloppy play but offensively played ok (ish).
A wins a win :)

Reply #297441 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Back on track, maybe, but it must be tempered by abysmal effort from Blaze.
Corey Webster amazing once again.
Penney has to start, no good off bench.

Reply #297442 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Ira Clark was strong inside for the Blaze but got pinged a few times for traveling ect. Hudson looked good in transition getting to the rack but it didn't happen frequently enough

Reply #297443 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754