Isaac
Years ago

Homicide article in lead up to Crocs game

Homicide talks about his return to Townsville - thought this article from Boti was worth reading. Full of great quotes from Homicide about what's happened since he won the MVP award, and how he feels about his return to Townsville.

Williams said his focus was always team success, and he had once been told by Smythe "when you're building a team, you always need a game winner".

Williams was that player for the Crocodiles.

"They say I was selfish but you have players who want the ball for the first-through-third quarters, then when it's all on the line in the fourth, you give them the ball and they pass it back to you," Williams said.
Williams will sport the trademark mohawk haircut for the trip north to his former stomping ground.

"Man, you can't have 'Homicide' as a nickname and look the same as everyone else," he said. "I've gone back to the mohawk today."
Good for the league.

Topic #24380 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

In Today's Bulletin: Q & A with Trevor Gleeson

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/26/187691_sport.html

ALSO a Corey Williams Quote: "First of all, Croc Nation is dead, people," Williams stated on his return to Townsville yesterday. "You can't have a Croc Nation without the face of the nation.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/26/187681_sport.html

This is more than a game up here... so many mixed feelings. I administer the crocs Facebook & Twitter and there has been so many people saying they are going to the game to cheer Corey instead of the Crocs.

For one reason or another, we dont have a very good name in our city atm... Rillie, Egan & Williams may have a lot to do with it.

Reply #297452 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I started looking down on the Crocs when JR was cut. Especially given his playoffs performance the previous season.

Reply #297454 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Rillie had one game where he turned back the clock, but was well and truly passed his best when he was cut. Its a business. Cedar was ready to take on a much larger role withint the core of the lineup... Homicide was the most on court dominant MVP ive seen for ever! Loud mouth, drew attention, but not really a clear representative of what the term MVP means IMO. Think his cause was helped because last season was sooooo even, from team to team, and start player to star player.

Reply #297455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets not forgoet Corey would have been 3rd in the MVP voting if McKee & Penney weren't out for long periods with injury...

Reply #297457 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gotta agree with Fizzle. I would've left Rillie off the list to make way for Cedar too.

Reply #297463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How Corey 'Homicide' Williams Became a Streetball Legend

http://www.ihoops.com/training-room/player-psychology/How-Corey--Homicide--Williams-Became-a-Streetball-Legend.htm

Reply #297474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy is the african american Jason Akermanis. There's telling it like it is, then there's painful ME, ME, ME, ME. Look at ME. PLEASE LOOK AT ME. I'M GREAT.

Just shut up and do your best with Melbourne. When you win, when you make your crap team much, much better, then you can talk.

Croc Nation was never about the Crocs or their fans, it was all about Corey.
Guy wins and MVP and gets cut. No-one else picked him up. That says a bit right there.

Reply #297481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754