Isaac
Years ago

Perth vs Cairns, Nov 28

Cairns up early 30-18. Dorsey just threw down a pretty large alley.

Taipans look really good this year, just need to win on the road.

Topic #24398 | Report this topic

Handsome Lee  
Years ago

Let's go snakes

Reply #297607 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Snakes it is...big upset. Perth could not capitalise on their pressure D, particularly in the 3rd when Cairns struggled to even make a pass.

Reply #297611 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

We just got plain outplayed in our own house, and I would say that the final margin flattered us tonight.

Dorsey's dunks were well worth a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzHGakT7ip4

Reply #297612 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

huge party in cairns tonight.....if we can go into hostile territory and steal a win now..........

1 x lindsay tait and we are very deep in finals !!!

very very deep !!

Reply #297614 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Props to Cairns on the Win in one of the toughest gyms around

Reply #297619 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Funny game..... One of the worst offensive games in the history of the NBL, but probably one of the most entertaining games I've watched in a long time.

Dorsey is great at throwing it down, but he really is a chucker...

Reply #297621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Most of Dorsey's threes weren't that close at all but he's very smooth and athletic.

I haven't really rated Ubaka in the past, figured he was a bit prone to long-range prayers and out of control penetration that banked on getting bailed out by the refs, but he was very good last night. Would not have been unhappy with him in Adelaide. Besides Ervin, returning import guards are giving decent mileage to their teams: Lisch, Braswell, Ubaka.

Reply #297628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone explain brad robbins to me? as in - that he has a job in the NBL - let alone the freakin vice captain?!? its mind boggling that he was part of elite junior programmes and is still that poorly skilled - and he travels every single time he does that silly head fake that nobody goes for.. he apparently made his name for himself for his defensive work against homicide - a player who he matches up on perfectly in a physical sense based pyurely on strength, but he's not nearly so effective defensively against guys with quickness. and the cats may well rue letting wagner leave - he looks a keeper.

Reply #297638 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The modern NBL is all about hustle and intensity and he started to get noticed at exactly the right time. But you would take someone with a shot over him. Herbert made his rise at the same time but has the benefits of size and ability to actually shoot. Robbins probably wins at this point on ability to not be injured and run around, but that's it!

Reply #297644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sure Robbins' teammates and coaches are well aware of his value. Super role player.

Reply #297649 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

He is a huge reason we won the flag last year,turned game 3 on his own when we were 12 points down in the second.

Champion !!!!!

Reply #297655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take is easy on Robbins shit .... Guy just needs to shoot more like last year after he came off his unjury all he was
Doing was looking to shoot and it worked

Reply #297660 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

my reflections:
-perth shot bad
-cairns struggled against the press
-cairns are going to be fairly good down the stretch
-dean brebner is not an nbl level player
-ron dorsey can dunk and jump and shoot the odd 3
-ron dorsey and ubaka are a good combo
-agree with anonymous- brad robbins rarely even shoots, further why the heck did he only get 13-14 minutes

Reply #297689 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thought I saw Cairns player no12 (daniel dillon) shoot 2/2 threepointers (on overtime highlights)
Jumpers from closer to the centre line than the threepoint line.

Reply #298015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754