just me
Years ago

THE ADVERTISER

any one see the advertiser 29/3/05 mention bogart as a 200+cm as a point gaurd funny as!

Topic #2440 | Report this topic

rare23air  
Years ago

Yeah saw that too! COuldnt help but have a little chuckle!

Reply #27340 | Report this post

Jezzalenko  
Years ago

Bogut will be a flop.

At least he will be a millionaire and hopefully we will see him tear up the NBL in the near future if he doesnt go to Europe.

Reply #27378 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

That's a big call Jezzalenko. Remember it was only 4 odd years ago, he couldn't make Dandenong's rep team, and look at his progress since then. I think he will be one of the best big men this country has produced.

Reply #27387 | Report this post

Jezzalenko  
Years ago

Dont disagree with you. He will be one of the best big men this country has produced and play a few years in the NBA. He will do great in Europe / Australia.

Do you think he'll make it in the NBA?

He operates in slow motion which he gets away with in his weaker conference.

Do you think he has the mobility, skills in the post & athleticsm to play with Duncan (remember the olympics), Garnett, or size and strength to match up again ming or shaq?

The key is: Is he mentally tough enough to accept a similar role to what Longley had - a role player. IE outstanding passer, strong defender and helpside defender or will he want to be the man???

It will be interesting to see.

Reply #27391 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

As an outsider looking in, and from what you read, Bogut is all about team success first. If this is his mentality, I beleive this will make him a valuable contributor to any team in the NBA, where the team first is not a common scene. I think he will make it in the NBA, and to put his slow motion in positive terms, patience can be the key to making a good post player. Look at Duncan when he plays there. Rarely turns the ball over and when he doesn't have a shot himself can most of the time get an open teamate a shot. The strength will come with banging against the bigger bodies night in night out. I think he showed throughout the tournament that he can play against the bigger / stronger guys, but it will take him a couple of years to be a better than average NBA player until he builds his strength. remembering big guys take a little longer to develop, I think we will see the best from him in 3-4 years time.

Reply #27394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754