Manlyfan
Years ago

Ben Arkell walks on water!

I had the pleasure of attending a Manly mens ABA Team practice on Saturday where I can confidently say that I witnessed what may be one of the most spectacular individual performances in Australian basketball. Ben simply scores at will, he is seemingly always within shooting range. His "front row forward physique" makes defenders useless and penetration inevitable.
Surely the NBA will eventually take notice and offer this thoroughbred athlete the contract he deserves.
Ben is a testament of what the right combination of KFC, Tooheys new and Pizza Shapes can achieve.

Topic #24405 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Now, if only he drank some water instead of Tooheys New?

Reply #297627 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ryan Bayley won Olympic Gold on a diet of KFC and takeway, so it must be all down to the beer...

Reply #297637 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

so manlyfan- he clearly looked that terrible did he?

Reply #297688 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Didn't Jai Taurima win a silver media at the 2000 Olympics with a diet of nicotine and pizza??

Reply #297711 | Report this post

manlyfan  
Years ago

No mate, he didn't look terrible at all. Quite the contrary, Ben is an old mate from school and I was having a bit of a laugh with him about the post.
Apart from the odd grey hair, he is still the same Ben. He could'nt have a bad game if he tried.

Reply #297759 | Report this post

panamax  
Years ago

Manlyfan, How did Sam Bresnic go I heard he was trialing. He's a 6-4, thin, swing man with black hair

Reply #297924 | Report this post

manlyfan  
Years ago

Sorry mate, I'm afraid I don't know all the players who were there. Only 3 or 4 whom Ive known for years. I hope your mate went well, I think Manly will win it all again this year.

Reply #297951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754