Isaac
Years ago

NBL Round 7 Player of the Week

Michael Cedar gets it.

Cedar had a career-high 31 points on Friday night as the Crocs scored a runaway 94-66 victory against the Melbourne Tigers at the Townsville Entertainment and Convention Centre (AKA the Swamp).

Cedar made 12-of-19 shots from the field at 63.2% accuracy, including 6-of-11 three-pointers (55%). He also added five rebounds, three assists and one steal while only committing a single turnover in almost 30 minutes of court time.

Ubaka is runner up for 18/3/6 on the road in Perth and Schensch got a mention for 23 and 7. Penney (24 points) and Ervin (31 points) got mentions too. Then our favourite part!
Others who were in the running for Player of the Week included Julian Khazzouh (Sydney), Mark Worthington (Gold Coast), Ira Clark (Gold Coast), Oscar Forman (Wollongong), Corey Williams (Melbourne), Cameron Tragradh (Melbourne) and Matt Knight (Perth).

I think Ubaka might've been a strong chance if the Taipans hadn't wavered so badly in the second half (third quarter?) - winning in Perth is major news.

Topic #24412 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

very tough round but with Cedar's numbers its not too surprising. I agree Ubaka deserved atleast runner up if not player of the week as he kept perth from making a comeback

Reply #297841 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Career numbers against a struggling team Vs carrying your team to a win in the toughest gym in the league

I'd give it to Ubaka

Reply #297846 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Agree with mystro, Ubaka was tremendous against perth.

Reply #297848 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Cedar for me

Reply #297851 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Based on past lists, I'm surprised the NBL didn't put any 36ers on the runners-up list. :-)

Reply #297852 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ubaka shot 3/11, nowhere near player of the week. Yes his last quarter was fantastic and very composed, but nothing compared to a 31 point outburst.

Reply #297853 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

a 31 point outburst against a team with what, 1 win from 8 games. Perth can actually defend where Melbourne tend to just make up the numbers on the court

Reply #297856 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754