kad
Years ago

Mills getting serious minutes v boston

Not trash time, proper minutes right now v Boston.

Topic #24422 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

And now he is on the bench. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Patty.

On a side note, his off the ball defense worries me. He played a good 6-8 feet off of Rondo when the ball was one pass away. I know he is quick, but surely that is asking for trouble.

Reply #297958 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Hopefully he gets more burn, I still think that patty has starter potential. He is very much like Aaron Brooks from Houston, very similar skill sets.

Reply #297959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kad considering Rondo's lack of outside shooting ability everyone plays off him on or off the ball.

Reply #297960 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Correct Anon...he Rondo is no perimeter threat. Everyone plays off him on or off the ball.

Reply #297962 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And though there is an argument that says that giving Rondo room makes him more devastating as a passer, I'd say Mills would be playing the coach's instructions. Easy for us to wonder why a player works a specific way on defence, but their scouting reports will always tell them what to do around screens, how far to sag off the player, which way to force them, etc.

Reply #297963 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sean Marks - four fouls in five minutes!?

Reply #297964 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ok, Rondo was a bad example. He played the same on Allen and Nate Robinson.

Sean Marks is horrible Isaac. It hurts my eyes to watch him.

Reply #297966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills has always played a scramble type of defence. if portland didnt like that they wouldnt pay him to do it

Reply #297974 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

kad, if Marks is so horrible then why has he had over 10years playing in the NBA. Because he isn't that bad, sure he isn't a superstar but then again neither is Patrick "I can't run an offense" Mills.
;)

Reply #298150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754