tyrell
Years ago

is this a carry?

a player is dribbling the ball and approaches a defender, on approaching he bounces the ball around the defender and then goes around the defender to get the ball and continue going?]]

Topic #24441 | Report this topic

just me  
Years ago

No. To be a carry you must actually 'carry' the ball. That means hold it, even briefly, with your palm facing up while dribbling.

Reply #298237 | Report this post

hmmmm  
Years ago

It should technically be a double dribble if after bouncing the ball around the player, he then picks the ball up with two hand and dribbles again. If he continues to dribble with one hand after throwing it around the player, its legal.

Reply #298243 | Report this post

Years ago

Questions you wouldn't ask Neil Gliddon #31

Reply #298265 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

A borderline crab dribble but not a carry.

Reply #298271 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

I'm sick of NBA style carrying whilst dribbling in district basketball,players are skilled enough to stop doing that and pass a player by dribbling normally.Why most refs let it go on ,i do not understand for the life of me.

Reply #298425 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754