Confused
Years ago

Ben Madgen

Why did the sixers not sign this bloke??

Topic #24447 | Report this topic

Peter  
Years ago

The short answer is because they signed a bunch of other people.

If you want a real answer, ask a real question. e.g. shouldn't the sixers have signed Madgen instead of Herbert or Hill, or Ng, Johnson, Dowdell, etc....?

Or why didn't they sign him for last season (when some posters here were touting him as worthy of the YAP spot?

Then you'll get a thread worth following.

Reply #298327 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

He has shown why we didn't sign him. He hasn't done much.in Sydney

Reply #298334 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Good player indeed. Have to remember he is playing for the Kings though. You wouldn't expect to see him get anywhere near his current MPG at any other club in the comp.

Reply #298340 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

I stand corrected he had 19 today but other than that i don't think he has been that impressive

Reply #298342 | Report this post

scorpio  
Years ago

Adelaide made a mistake here Ben has been a gun all his basketball career topping it off with his college career

Reply #298344 | Report this post

Confused  
Years ago

You need to open your eyes and watch then, cos he is dominating, kept Sydney in the game tonight, think thecoach is getting more confident in him and has given him more and more minutes lately.

Personally I believe he is hell of a lot better than Ng and hill

Peter I didn't need a lecture on how to start a post just people thoughts

Reply #298345 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Madgen looks like a guy with some ability to me. Has not put many NBL runs on the board yet (apart from tonight's game) but looks a lot more assured than most rookies and I think could be a pretty good scorer by next year if given the mins this season.

I actually think he plays a little like Brett Maher. Without being an outstanding athlete, he's still quick enough and tall enough, has solid handles, can shoot from anywhere, can drive to the basket well enough to keep defences honest, never seems to force it or rush himself, finds good position on offence, plays decent D and - if you watched tonight's game - competes hard when his back is against the wall.

Now that I have seen him I wish the Sixers had signed him instead of any of 2 or 3 of our current players.

Reply #298349 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I was waiting for this thread as soon as he played a good game. It took 8 weeks but here it is!

Happy to see him doing well though. It lessens the blow of Statman stealing Philll Jones from me :D

Reply #298367 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

who exactly did Magden dominate Confused? Pretty sure he just knocked down some open shots and a couple of contested ones. Don't get me wrong, he did play well, but he didn't dominate anyone. Oh and he lost, again.....

Reply #298373 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Seen him a couple of times and quite impressed. Hits open shot, takes it to hoop OK. Defence is poor though, but he seem to be reasonably athletic and quick withit. There doesn't seem to be any reason why he couldn't play decent D but he seems to get beat easily.

Reply #298375 | Report this post

vesta 15  
Years ago

he wasn't considered as a YAP player because he's 26 and you have to be 23 or under to be considered a development player

Reply #298506 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Personally I believe he is hell of a lot better than Ng and hill
Good point from Vesta 15 in noticing that Madgen is actually a year older than Hill. Might've worked against his chances in Adelaide? "Hell of a lot better" is probably going OTT? He's a good player but not a level above Hill IMO.

Reply #298514 | Report this post

kingjamesisdumb  
Years ago

Kingjames you have shown how dim you are by saying madgen isnt impressive in your opinion well its easy to see your opinion is irrelevant so stay out of the conversation and let inteligent people speak instead

Reply #315525 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

It is actually spelt "Intelligent" instead of "Inteligent" but thank you for showing how smart you are.

When I made the Original comment he was averaging 4 points a game in a weak sydney team. Even now I wouldn't pick Madgen over Hill, Herbert or Ng.

Reply #315526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754