coach k
Years ago

Newspaper report - Gaze to retire

Just found an article relating to the above on 'The Age' website. Sad day for Hoop's in this country if all is true, Gaze should be congratulated for his fantastic contribution to Basketball in this country. Sorry can't post the link, but go to www.theage.com.au to have a read of it.

Topic #2445 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

May 5 is the date that, officially, will end the Gaze era in the National Basketball League, but Australia's greatest player, Andrew Gaze, has played his last NBL game and legendary coach Lindsay Gaze has coached his.

They will not say so. The club will not say so, its only comment coming from major owner Seamus McPeake, who said: "There will be an announcement on Andrew and Lindsay's plans on May 5 when they return from China."

The best the NBL has ever seen...

Reply #27399 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze was his own worst enemy for being too loyal to the Melbourne Tigers basketball organization, he should have been a little bit selfish as he has all the skills and attributes to make it in the NBA instead of playing a cameo role with the spurs and Washington

His record speaks for it self, Gaze is the greatest Australian basketball player ever and is in the top 5 sports persons in Australia in the last 50 years but will never get the true recognition he and the sport deserves.

The NBL have to make the league MVP "the Andrew Gaze Medal" ASAP, not a joint gaze family medal as Andrew would want but simply after Andrew alone it is the right thing to do.

And to think he was only a whisker away from being a Sixer, but that would have taken a few degrees of the butterfly effect to create that destiny

Reply #27455 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Forbes ...

How was he going to be a sixer ? What year was that ? I must have missed it ...

Reply #27461 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

He nearly grew up living in Adelaide&&his grandparents used to live in Marion&&just being a bit factious that's all.

If the worlds had aligned in a different manner

Reply #27485 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

ok.. i was scratching my head on that one ..Thanks for clarifying it.

Reply #27486 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Why the hell haven't the advertiser reported on this then? This is all news to me!

Reply #27915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754