LC
Years ago

Ryan Bathie taken by Geelong in AFL Rookie Draft

Former Nicholls State basketball player and Melbourne Tigers NBL development player Ryan Bathie has given up hoops in pursuit of the AFL after being taken by Geelong in the AFL's rookie draft today.

Big leap pardon the pun. Any predictions on how he will go?

Were there any other baller's taken in today's draft that I overlooked?

Topic #24469 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wasn't he already signed under the rule that he hadn't played any footy for 3 years and didn't need to go to draft?

Chris Molitor training with Essendon - there was some interest - Did it happen?

Reply #298688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to the media Jacob Templeton was going to be picked up by the crows but they found out that he was inelligible. They tried to get special allowance to make him eligible but it was knocked back.

Reply #298712 | Report this post

CD  
Years ago

Mitch Curnow was picked up by the Power and I believe he played a bit of junior bball with Forestville. If true that would make 2 Fville Juniors taken in this year's drafts.

Reply #298736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bathie has been there for 12 months.

He's been talking with them at least for 12 months.

He smashed all the athletic short course stuff and stuggled in long dist.

He could be very good.

Reply #298740 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Former Crocs development player Josh Jenkins was rookie listed by Essendon. Josh actually played one game last year in the reserves at my club and did reasonably well - he is certainly strong and athletic compared to a lot of Aussie rules ruckmen.

A long shot to make it as a senior AFL footballer but good luck to him.

Reply #298987 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754