LA Boy
Years ago

Overtime plus Gaze - verdict?

man with Overtime only 10minutes in, inserting Gaze is so much better in my opinion. what you guys think

Topic #24476 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's much improved - he obviously knows what he's talking about and is very funny and entertaining.

Reply #298956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gaze brought in some much needed entertainment. hope he stays on.

Reply #298962 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

so much better to watch. Gaze is great at being a character on the screen he isnt a stiff like the others. he actually moves and expresses himself. definitely worth keeping gaze on. still need to bring in top ten plays of the week.

Reply #298966 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah good show. Bit disappointed they didn't talk up Mitch Creek's debut for Adelaide and show his steal and dunk. They should be hyping stuff like that.

The tour of the Bucks trainig facility by Bogut was interesting too. Funny that they still have unsold Jefferson jerseys in their equipment store.

Reply #298970 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Agree^^^

Reply #298991 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With you Beantown. Gaze was a significant upgrade on the panel that's for sure.

Anyone know what time the show is taped? Would have loved to have seen more mention of Patty Mills' elevation to decent minutes and his exploits.

Maher gave Creek a good mention, but again, need some more footage to support the discussions.

Overall, definitely heading in the right direction IMO.

Reply #298992 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's good to hear. I actually dont get time to watch Overtime (I use what time I can spare to actually watch games!), but given it is in prime time on ONE and later on Ten it is important it is done well.

What on earth would our sport do without A Gaze?

Reply #298997 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

so there was this brilliant funny situation of Gaze addressing us , rather than educational television.
Not a word was spoke about the sixers for 2 shows -
They spoke to Blaze , NZ coaches and Maher - rather than ADL Coach.

Reply #299004 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Good show, loved the Bucks facility tour.

Reply #299007 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Paul, without Gaze, unfortunately we would see more Shane heal, i dont think any of us want that.

Reply #299013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a way we can see that tour of the bucks raining facility. I missed the show last night and luv the behind the scenes stuff.

Reply #299015 | Report this post

DC  
Years ago

is there a replay at all of this i really wanna see it

Reply #299021 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Gaze was good, I just hated how he kept going off topic all the time.

Reply #299026 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DC - Just after midnight tonight and at 9am tomorrow morning it is on.

Reply #299030 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

You couldn't do top 10 plays of the week when onehd only has the footage of 2-3 games each week. What should happen is for the other games to hand over the video of there games to Onehd. Am I right in assuming its a rule that every NBL game must be video taped.

Therefore if team handed this vision over they could do a top 10 plays for the week.

Reply #299046 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Agreed Flinders. and by the Top 10 i dont mean it has to be 10 plays, but perhaps a top 5 or top 3?? just to show some awesome highlights. maybe even have a dunk of the year and show the current ones that may qualify, i dunno but just trying to think of something to help amp it up a little

Reply #299086 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

I agree with the calls about more footage getting shown. Top 5 plays of the week would be great.

Also maybe a segment similar to 'inside 60' on the before the game AFL Show, where funny questions get fired off to the players.

Seeing and hearing more from the players rather than just having hosts talking about them seems the logical answer to improve the populairty of the sport.

Reply #299090 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There have been 10 good plays in the TV games every week so far, so they could definitely do that.

Reply #299094 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

agreed paul but watching the same teams on top ten plays gets a bit boring.

I was watching the top 10 NBA for the day when Patty Mills was #2. There was so much lakers game in that that it got boring by the end.

Make teams hand over their vision and we could do a proper top10.

Also like the idea of inside 60 with NBL players. Could be quite funny. Question for neville

"How many times do you get mistaken for lurch in the street"

Reply #299096 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Brind back Seal'd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QVGmCJYac

Reply #299099 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Top plays is a good idea, doesn't bother me if it is just televised games, don't always get to see them all. Those 60 second question things with hosts trying to be funny just seem awkward to me. An in-depth player interview on the other hand would be good.

Reply #299100 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Much better show despite Bogut going a bit long. A Top 10 would be great. They should do a top 5 flops of the week too just to give the embarrassing ones some exposure and get Redhage on TV a bit more.

Reply #299109 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

dont forget about Wilkinson Xztatik. in adelaide he was flopping more than an italian football player.

Reply #299116 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

*soccer. Unless you're talking about Dom Cassissi. But good point, Boucher, Ervin and CJ would get a fair run too. These guys need to be exposed! lol

Reply #299125 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Football sounds better than soccer. aussie rules is footy problem solved

Reply #299126 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

We are in Australia. Soccer is soccer and football is football. No problem in the first place.

Reply #299132 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754