SRT070
Years ago

kings vs hawks

this is looking like a good game. Bloody good to see kings laying their heart out and seeing it pay off. Gilder with little impact so far but the colonel is doing some nice work. Hawks could be in trouble if kings keep up this intensity

Topic #24512 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

gilder is trash

Reply #299564 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gilder doesn't look great but Sanders has played very well. Hawks just can't put the Kings away for good.

Reply #299568 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

agreed gilder was shocking. I have a feeling gilder may have thought the nbl would be a walk in the park for him.

Sanders has stepped it up a gear massively i think he will only get better now that he is fitting in. Nice couple of jumpers he put up. Seemed that sydney had the defensive answers when it came to forman.

Reply #299573 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ervin for MVP. He is a stud.
In a year where imports have been below average, the Hawks have found the perfect fit.
Do people think that the Hawks scouting and 'import searching' is superior to other clubs or do they just get lucky with their picks.. or Maybe a bit of both?
Have to give Gordie credit..McKee last year, now Ervin.
He puts great faith in his ability to find suitable imports.

Reply #299595 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"I have a feeling gilder may have thought the nbl would be a walk in the park for him. "

That's what it looked like. Then again, with Sydney's comments (saying they wanted 40pts from their import combo), you could excuse him for trying to be Kobe.

Looks like there's some raw talent there but he also looks a bit temperamental. We'll see how he is after a few more games/trainings.

Sanders is a freakin jet! Those blocks were unbelievable! I don't even care if he could've kept them in-bounds, I'd rather see him spike it!!

I think Sydney could have a pretty successful 2nd half of the year once they get Dickel on board (is he replacing Scoines or BJ Carter jnr?). With him, Knight, the two new imports and Madgen finding some form, they actually don't have that bad a roster.

Reply #299609 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree X, Gilder definitely has talent but will need to be nurtured, he seems a very young 25. It would help these imports if the Kings didnt promote them all as the next big thing, just because he has been fringe NBA doesnt mean he will star in this league.

Someone compared Sanders to a young Ebi Ere and he sure looked like it last night. His issue so far in his career has been consistency, but he is also only 25 and his energy is probably better suited to the Australian style than the slower European style. I really like watching him play and he will get plenty of opportunities on this Kings team.

How good are the Hawks? The Kings scored 80 at 46%, won the boards 32-27 and only turned the ball over 14 times and still couldnt get close.

What a shame we cant see them against NZ on the tv next Friday.

Reply #299615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was trying to work out who Sanders reminded me of. Kept thinking Farley but wasn't sure. Ere is who it was. Seems like the Kings may have unearthed a legitimate scorer?

Reply #299627 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

It will be one good game this friday with Sydney vs Adelaide.

Reply #299671 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

In a long flight from the US - Gilder lost 13kgs.
Would not have been fit for this game.
Expect a better version here in ADL, Friday.

Reply #299906 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754