The Brad
Years ago

Gabe Freeman Cut from Crocs

Just noticed on Schenscher's Facebook that Freeman is on his way home so I am assuming he has been released from the Crocs...

Topic #24513 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Already posted yesterday.

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/24502-another-import-looks-to-be-cut-old-news-/

Reply #299572 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

More a case of he left them before they pulled the plug.

I also suspect XztatiK's unfiltered infactuation with him gave him concerns about his safety. Manilla is less than a 12 hour flight X.

I was joking about the Sixers signing him but there's now a vacancy......

Reply #299576 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Already sussing the Qantas website, Big Ads.

Can't believe my boy's gone :(

Reply #299588 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

All mental with Freeman, he would be an exceptional addition to the right setup and coaching style in this league. He will destroy the Phillipines league once he returns there.

Reply #299629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Awvee Storey the leading candidate to join the Crocs. Not convinced that'd be the right move for them.

Reply #299654 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You would know as well as anyone on here Isaac, but it seemed personality wise he really struggled to fit in over in NZ, is that right? In terms of rebounding and toughness he can certainly bring that off the bench, but if he doesnt fit the squad it could be counterproductive.

Reply #299659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Main thing I remember about him was when he got behind the bar at a club here in Adelaide after a Breakers game and was serving everyone drinks and paying for them himself. I think I left at 5am and by that time he might've run up $1-2k? Very generous and a memorable night.

On court, I remember him having one great game raining threes, but wasn't he a little foul prone otherwise? Did have size and was a good rebounder though.

Rosell Ellis is a good player but is undersized and I suspect you'd have to put Galen Young in the foul-prone category too? Plus, they've had and abandoned Galen in the past already. What's Rolan Roberts doing now? There's another foul-happy rebounder who's done OK here before?

Reply #299662 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I suspect Storey is the best fit for them skill wise because he can play the SF and PF spots where the others are purely 4-5s.

Reply #299663 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Definitely a better fit than the bigs mentioned. I think they had it right in the first place and Awvee is probably the most similar to Freeman position-wise. They need someone to play about 20 at SF and 10 at PF. He fits all of Townsville's little hints too, with NBA, NBDL and NBL experience.

Reply #299693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rick Rickert was also mentioned

Reply #299877 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

hes not enjoying his stay in australia.. thats y hes leaving.. people n the phils are frendlier.. ive bn there. it mkes u feel u dnt wanna leave the country...evryone is spproachable..if he came from a country that has warm people then will play in australi then he wont enjoy it.. he wont be able to produce good
numbers.. he wont destroy the phil. league.. i bet u hvnt seen how good the players in the phils are..0

Reply #300542 | Report this post

yep! maybe he's not enjoying his life der in australia.. if you can only his real game.. he's a back2back best import here and MVP also.. GREAT PLAYER.. gud thing he's back here.. GO GABE "FIREBRAND" FREEMAN 25. win another championship here. :D gud luck!

Reply #304823 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754