Foley79
Years ago

Time for Wildcats to get a second import?

I was at the game tonight at the jungle and saw a pumped up Cats in the first half to go into the break looking like the Cats of last year that won them the GF . Then late in the third Matty Knight went down with what looked to be a very serious calf injury after killing the Tiger big men in the first half.So now with only Jess Wagstaff to step in as a replacement I feel the Cats need to sign an import asap.I would suggest looking at Galen Young from last seoson or maybe a Donta Smith but I cant see Matty coming back for some time yet and the Cats can not aford to fall any further behind the Hawks or the Breakers as finishing outside the top 2 makes things almost impossible.

Any thoughts ?

Topic #24515 | Report this topic

bang  
Years ago

they don't have the points space for an import.

Reply #299597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have 10 points free it's money that might be the issue

Reply #299600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Guys, you need to put Donta Smith behind you. He is insanely expensive.

Reply #299601 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

... not to mention quite inappropriate for our needs, which fall squarely into the "banger" category.
Young would certainly be a nice fit though.

Reply #299606 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

We have the points and the money , get Galen young or rolan Roberts please !

Reply #299613 | Report this post

bang  
Years ago

will perth look at a fit troy devries . ??

Reply #299621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They have Lisch and Weigh, plus Williamson. Why would they get DeVries?

Reply #299624 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Ater Majok?

Reply #299628 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Smith just signed in China, people must ket go, watch Dragons GF highlights if you need some closure i guess!

Reply #299630 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Perth have the flexibility to sign a second import. That's been their fall back position from the get go.
If Knight is out I would say it is a certainty now.

Reply #299639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Need to get it done now with Christmas coming paper work seems to take longer to go through. I remember young taking about 2 weeks last year for clearance around the same time . Cats can get by this week without as we are playing the kings then have a 10 break in between games wich is plenty to get the ball rolling.

Reply #299646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only other problem is that if Knight comes back say 6 weeks the Cats will then have a 11 man roster who gets the chop . or are you still allowed to play 11 at home and 10 on the road if that's the case then they can pick and choose who they travel with .

Reply #299648 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Is Rick Rickert around is he? and when Matty gets fit get rid of Williamson

Reply #299651 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Rick ricket, Galen young , rod grizzard, rosel Ellis , rolan Roberts,

This is is also where I wish the nbl had some sort of trading system , the wildcats could pick up someone like Wade helliwell or matt burston from a struggling tigers side who may be top heavy and would give up a big guy .

Is there any Aussie big bodies around ?

Reply #299715 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert, though he isnt a banger, same for Craig Bradshaw who I couldnt imagine Beveridge really coveting. Neil Mottram?

Reply #299718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Luke Longley ? I wish
we should of held on to Sam Harris aaahh maybe not . Listen out for news on Knight tomorrow morning

Reply #299728 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754