KEVY47
Years ago

King Moose calls out Davidson again

"You can get away with all the bulls..t on the basketball court because there's cameras everywhere and reporters everywhere and eyes everywhere. You look someone in the eye and say 'Eff you, we'll finish this outside.' That's tough."

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/n...px?storypage=0

Second time in two games Moose has called out Larry.

Personally, i think he's got more pressing concerns than airing what seems like a personal grudge at every chance.

Topic #24521 | Report this topic

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

True Kings have more pressing issue.

But Davidson has to be the dirtiest player in the league.
He could easily be fouled off in 5 mins in every game I have seen him play if the Refs actually called all his illegal screens and pushing in the back on rebounds.

But then if he gets any contact on the offensive end he whinges like a little baby to the refs.

He seems happy to try and hurt smaller players but doesn't like taking anything back.

Dirty and soft!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #299761 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Davidson has to rein it in. Re-watched bits of Hawks vs 36ers last night and Davidson had two screens on Shannon that I would've called as offensive fouls. One he was right near the Hawks bench and pushed down on Shannon (who's obviously short) so that he was doubled over. It was completely unnecessary. The second was near the half way line (the timeline as Carf has taken to calling it?!) and Davidson raised his double arm bar to do a bit of extra damage. Grappling and getting arms "caught" is one thing, but just trying to do damage is not fair play.

Regardless, the 36ers need to be calling out screens for Shannon because he's going to end up in hospital if they don't help him out a bit.

Reply #299763 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

"He seems happy to try and hurt smaller players but doesn't like taking anything back.

Dirty and soft!!!!!!!!!!"

Is that you Moose?

Have you seen the replay of the two "smaller" players he turfed to the ground?

The Rhys Carter incident was a great acting job by Rhys Carter after tangling himself up, did Larry shove him? Yes. Was it unsportsman like? doubtful at best.

The incident Moose is whinging about this week, Larry had his back to the play, Magden jumped over and into him. Was it a foul? Yes. Was it called Yes. Was it "dirty and soft" HE HAD HAS BACK TO HIM!

Go back and watch the replay to see how much both Adelaide and Sydney tried to niggle him all game hoping for a reaction.

Have you seen Dowdell off the ball? Very similar to Larry, bumping and niggling opposition trying to get them off their game.

Did you see how many times Kings pulled at his singlet off the ball (uncalled) or the time he attempted a one handed shot, as his other arm was being not just slapped, but pulled the opposite direction for a no call.

I challenge you to explain ONE incident where he tried to hurt someone.

Harden up! It's part of the game.

Reply #299765 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Having played with Moose and coached Larry, I find this hilarious.

Moose was as 'physical' a player as anybody who's played (excapet maybe for Ray Ray Borner who broke his jaw at a Boomers Camp!). You don't get nicknamed Moose because of your silky smooth jump shot!

Larry is certainly physical and willing to stand his ground but I've never seen him cheap shot anybody (nor Moose - but Moose implied his tactics were less than sportsmanlike). I do suspect though he revels in the 'bad boy' role and certainly has teams looking at where he is - whether to belt him or avoid being belted is debatable.

I think Moose is just doing his bit to pump up the game in Sydney.

Reply #299766 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Those screens were large, Eddie seemed more upset with his team-mates for not calling it out, than the no-call on Larry.

Reply #299767 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Paul Rees could fix this!

Reply #299768 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably because he was being polite and had only just arrived in the league. Both should've been called on Larry IMO, and I say that as a half-Hawks fan.

Reply #299769 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Setting screens is part of the game and Dowdell does like using them and sometimes he crosses the line a bit.

But as for Davidson he goes out of his way to initiate the contact and doesn't mind moving sideways or lifting his arms.
From his point of view the refs let him get away with it so he just keeps doing it.
He isn't the only one doing it, just the main guy I have seen recently.

The refs really need to crack down on the moving screens as it is becoming a joke.
Start calling it and the players will adjust.

Reply #299770 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Davidson is one of those guys you love having on your team but every other team hates.
Like Rees or Shane Heal

Reply #299771 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Corrected link:
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/sport/basketball/davidsons-no-dirty-larry/2024311.aspx

Reply #299772 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

cant say i would have ever like shane heal on the sixers. he is the guy we love to heckle.

Reply #299773 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

KEVY47 essentially raises a point that's always been an issue in the league; fairly common issue overseas too.

Refs have hard times judging calls when the size of the players is distinct. If you have a 6'11 or 7ft player screening or posting against a 6'4, 6'5+ player, naturally everything looks rough.

Unfortunately size will always be the overriding thing people look at when things get rough.

Davidson is certainly still a dirty player, but no more than the likes of Redhage or Wilkinson.

Reply #299776 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

BJ Anthony is taking requests for screens/hits, please forward any requests to the Breakers

Reply #299779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a coach trying to drum up a bit of interest.

Reply #299883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have bigger issues! Trey Gilder WTF!!Sanders can hoop, wouldnt hurt with some direction at the point.

Reply #299920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moose is just a whinging girl. In 2 games against the hawks he has complained about Larry manhandling his kids and complained about the hawks fans hurting his teams feelings. Man up. Your team has larger problems than this. It's like he is trying to avoid scapegoat status by shifting blame onto others. What's next? Complaining about ng hitting too many threes in one quarter?

Reply #299921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754