Captain Dan
Years ago

Will Jeff & Marcus Jordan declare 4 NBA Draft?

Having only just realised that older brother Jeff has joined his younger brother Marcus Jordan from Uni. of Illinois and has transfered to Uni. of Central Florida, will both follow in their father's footsteps and make a NBA career for themselves respectively?

What is everyones take and will the try their hardest to come close to their dad's acollades?

Topic #24581 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

They don't have the skill level to play NBA. One of them wasn't even offered a scholarship at the UI so he had to play as a walk-on.
I can't see them been drafted, however I can see a mid to low level team showing interest in them e.g. Giving them a trial or a 10 day contract just to raise interest, gain media attention and try to increase profit.

Reply #300855 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd welcome them at the Knicks for a try-out.

Reply #300860 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Get them to the 36ers in the next few seasons. Might get a visit from MJ

Reply #300866 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

It's unlikely many people will know anything about these guys apart from who their dad is, if you want some meaningful discussion it's probably worth giving us a bit more information about them, their size, position and how they're going thus far in their college careers, then we might be in a better position to comment on their NBA prospects.

Reply #300873 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From memopry alone, Marcus is averaging around 16ppg this season for UCF.

Reply #300880 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here's the facts:

Marcus Jordan / UCF
2009/10: 8.0ppg,41.3%FG,27.6%3PT,69.8%FT,3.1rpg,2.5apg,1.2spg,1.9tpg
2010/11: 16.0ppg,49.0%FG,41.9%3PT,81.5%FT,2.4rpg,3.3apg,1.2spg,2.4tpg

Jeff Jordan / Illinois (2007-2010) transfer to UCF
2007/08: 1.0ppg,29.2%FG,33.3%3PT,61.1%FT,0.5rpg,0.3apg,0.2spg,0.5tpg
2008/09: 1.0ppg,43.8%FG,33.3$3PT,37.5%FT,0.4rpg,1.0apg,0.2spg,0.4tpg
2009/10: 1.6ppg,44.0%FG,25.0%3PT,60.0%FT,1.3rpg,1.7apg,0.4spg,0.8tpg
2010/11: Is not playing

Marcus Jordan clearly has better numbers and possibly a better future looking ahead to a potential pro career. Jeff's stats are nothing to behold...

Reply #300897 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Jeff is putting up Winder-like college numbers! Without knowing anything about the quality of the division Marcus' 16 ppg might be enough for a shot at the big league, particularly if he has his old man's fire in the belly.

Reply #300904 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I really do think an nbl team should try these fellas out, that's if they don't make it to the big show, but imagine the publicity

Reply #300907 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Didn't realise that having a famous dad meant you were naturally gifted at the sport.

How's Patrick Ewing Jr doing right now? Crap? oh wonderful.

Reply #300925 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I dunno Marty, Patrick Ewing Jr is more gifted than 99.99% of basketballers world wide, I'd say his old man's genes had something to do with that.

Reply #300938 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

While I'm at it a quick google search has given me names of 9 current father/son combos (excluding the Ewings). 30 teams, 15 players per team = 450 active players.

10 out of 450 have a dad who passed down genes, while 440 out of 450 have a dad who did not play NBA.

Assuming there have been approximately 6000 NBA players who could potentially have a child in the NBA that suggests there's a 10 in 6000 (or 1 in 600) chance of an NBA player producing an NBA playing son.

Assuming there are 3 billion men in the world there's approximately a 440 in 3 billion (1 in 68 million) chance of a non NBA player producing an NBA playing son.

According to my calculations if your dad played in the NBA then you're 113,636 times more likely to also play there compared to if you dad didn't.

I would consider that pretty compelling evidence that having a famous dad meant you were significantly more likely to be naturally gifted at the sport.

For a bit of fun let's see how many of these father son combos we can name (without google cheating like I did)

Reply #300949 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Patrick Ewing Jr was useless. The fact that he even got a try out with an NBA team was a joke. There were better players that never got a try out.

Reply #300952 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

Go look at Ewing Jr's number in the D-League now, he got a triple double last week. He was pretty bad, but seems to have improved quite a bit, also played solidly in the summer league for Orlando i remember. he isn't NBA starting material but could get 10-15 minutes for a lower ranked team. Cleveland for example.

Reply #300966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both are no chance.

niether are a half the athlete their father was for starters.

Reply #301246 | Report this post

bj  
Years ago

well, I think it will be smart for business and hype to let these guys get 2-3 years to make for themselves a life in NBA. It is after all a team sport. and as far as I remember a lot of good players are prevented by getting a ring simply due to the fact that they played better teams, And remember how many years did it take for the best player ever to get a ring... 9 years even he dominated the game from the start :-)
honestly I think both of them will end up in the NBA playing for the same team. And they would not have to push the teams salary cap. They are well off already and will be for a long time in the Nike system :-)

Reply #356300 | Report this post

MKEY  
Years ago

I think they should get a shot into the draft because people are saying there not good enough but yet theres some players in the NBA now that aren't good enough to be there and should't have been drafted and Marcus & Jeff are better than them so they should get a chance.

And if not in the major league why not get them drafted and then put them into the Developement league? I mean they deserve to be noticed. And being MJ's sons you know that peoplewould want to watch them raising the viewers of the D-League.

Plus for the NBA Organisation & The Jordan boys (Marcus & Jeffery)

Reply #407569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754