Anonymous
Years ago

Ideas for a Coaching Website

Hi all,

Am thinking about starting up my own basketball/coaching website, similar to that of NBA Playbook (google it if you haven't seen it, is fantastic).

Was just after a bit of help first before I plunge in.

Does anyone know the best way to capture clips of games, and place them on a website? Something like the NBL games on OneHD, or even from Int League Pass, just so I could show what i'm talking about too. Im thinking of showing diagrams as well as clips for people to learn from. I already have a playbook program that would work well.

What sort of stuff would you guys be interested in? Would it be purely X's and O's, articles and interviews from players coaches, opinions etc? Would it be info on juniors coming up the ranks, reviews from National Champs, or anything else?

Any info or help you could give me would be hugely appreciated.

Topic #24667 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And also, if anyone knows of a good place to host the website, that would be appreciated too.

Reply #302490 | Report this post

cameron crazy  
Years ago

speak with isaac re hosting.

all of the above would be good with overseas updates - like what LC does.

state by state updates on abl level would be good with junior overviews.

would be good to have reporters from various leagues / states.

Reply #302492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't ONE, ESPN, NBL and/or NBA own the rights to their footage though?

You can't just rip their product and use it for yourself.

Reply #302496 | Report this post

tyrel  
Years ago

I would like fundamentals and footwork breakdowns- good idea and good luck with it!!

Reply #302502 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Like anon you will need to be careful with the footage. i believe your welcome to use it so long as you dont make money off the clips. however the moment you make money from this using the NBA, NBL etc clips expect lawyers letters in the mail. you dont even need to sell the clips but if the clips help you to sell your product then your still in for a bit of trouble

Reply #302507 | Report this post

TL47  
Years ago

I believe Brendan Joyce has a website like this if you wanted to maybe see how other coaches format theirs?

Reply #302518 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

training drills too - maybe linking drills to improve deficient areas

Reply #302544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brendan joyce is not a coaching site- its a corportate team enhancing one

Reply #302555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

So maybe stuff like filming players performing certain moves/drills and uploading them YouTube style, and then breaking down the teaching points etc?

Like the idea on having the international/college players have articles on how they're going etc.

Happy to hear any other thoughts or ideas.

Isaac, how do i get in touch with you about hosting etc? Just the contact hoops button at the bottom of the page?

Reply #302601 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Triplezero.com.au. Isaac @

Reply #302605 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's the goal with the site? Increase personal brand? Make some money? Either way, it will take a lot of effort creating quality content with little guarantee of return. You can email me and bounce your ideas if you want.

Reply #302620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754