Winitinaminute
Years ago

Sixers Open Training session to public this week.

Last week Sixers had Open training to the Public,wondering if Sixers will have it on again this Thursday or Friday?does anyone know??

Topic #24668 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I think most of their trainings are generally open to the public.

They train Thursday and Friday from 9am - 11am.

Reply #302530 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

ive never been, is there normally a chance to get your gear signed by them at their trainings??

would love to have something to hang on my wall of the 6ers...

Reply #302533 | Report this post

Jarred  
Years ago

Yeh, If you hang round after training It'd be real easy to get stuff signed

Reply #302541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

9-11 I went to a Cats practice last week and it was 9 till 12.30 I suppose it just shows champions work harder lift your work rate 6ers or you will always struggle when it comes to 2 games in a weekend

Reply #302547 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

He wants to do more game-style training this week.
Reckon that'll be pretty good.
Maybe get Harris back out agen, Cattalini and others.

Reply #302558 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

After last Sunday, it may be real Open Training - open to anyone who thinks they can do better!!

Reply #302562 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

15 out there having a game.
Reading around, reminded me of Crows Coach (Robert Shaw) . A defender who tries to mark , instead of spoiling won't play, next game and those who post negative comments won't be allowed in to training.

Reply #302565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They train 2 days a week for 2 hours each day?
No wonder they are crap.!!!

Reply #302606 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

They would train more than that!

They used to train first thing, then do weights, individual shooting, etc Basically a full time job

I would be surprised if they were only training 4 hours a week

Reply #302626 | Report this post

;P  
Years ago

the question was do they train this Thursday and Friday, they train 6 days a week.

Reply #302627 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm willing to start a fund to put together the $$$s Isaac requires to develop 'Block Anons' functionality.

Reply #302628 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

9-11 is the morning session. Shooting, individuals, gym, etc is separate.

Reply #302629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Loco, would take 5 minutes and it's something I'm considering.

Reply #302630 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Speaking of things to do Isaac, did you ever get that webpage going with all the basketball courts in the city on it?

Reply #302634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There was a bit of a demo, but must've shelved it offline. I've also had plans to build a sub-site specifically for social players (find teammates, find comps, etc) but who ever has time for these things?

Reply #302635 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

I love how many positive 36ers supporters there are out there!!! (This is being sarcastic by the way)

A lot of you that comment on this forum have no idea how to coach let alone coach an NBL team. As soon as we lose a couple games etc you guys are so quick to stick the foot into the coach and players, then when we win it's the opposite.

How about you guys stop being so fickle and pathetic and start supporting like a real fun should.

I personally would rather see a consistant play-off contending team every year then to win a championship one year and be crap again for years to come.

Marty has said this will be a 3 year process so why don't we actually jump on and support him instead of being so NEGATIVE all the time!!!!

There hasn't been too many teams in any professional sport that has gone from bottom to top in one year so things will take time!!

Stop being so god damm negative, it's not helping anyone!!!

Reply #302636 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While only Saturday , Clarke made his mawkish comments in reply to - " You're training 'em tooo hard, lifting too many weights. "

Reply #302637 | Report this post

rooboy1982  
Years ago

tripple

They should try to be like the mighty Cats 25 years in a row of finals along with 5 titles and the best and most devoted fans in the land with the best court side anouncer along with a brand new 14 thousand seat stadium next year to boot

Never a dark day as a Cats fan

Reply #302639 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's lovely and thanks for popping in to gloat, but we've had a couple of ownership issues to work through including times when there was a very real chance that the club would sit out a season. You might remember BASA going into administration (back when the 36ers were in a unique position of being association-owned), Hemmerling going bush at a critical time, then the most recent changeover.

Pretty rare for a club to manage such a consistent record looking around the league - it's a nice target but you'd need a fair swag of luck and other factors to do it otherwise more clubs would've managed it. Tigers went from regular contenders to duds two years straight, for example. Bullets went from champs to nothing. Kings, Hawks, Taipans, etc - we all know the stories.

Reply #302641 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair enough Isaac, although to be fair you would probably have more time if you were not out cruising in the Ferrari..(sorry, been a long time since it has been referred to ha ha).

Would be great if you ever get it going.

Reply #302642 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im all for getting rid of anon posters! The forum seems to be becoming far to negative lately, mostly from anon posts.

Reply #302644 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Went out, this morning, to take a look around.
Clarke had his 15 he could throw the ball to.
Harris back out, this week did a few good things.
His height is handy, obviously.
Kevin Johnson , a friend of Eddie Shannon's, with ability, another handy body to have and you never know
Shannon the pick of 'em today.
Bruce looked very good. Ballinger pretty good.
Not quite sure still/yet re Howard, although looked a whole lot better on Bruce's team, rather than Shannons, Johnsons team.

Reply #302800 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Clarke n Howard seem agitated. Clarke sure stopped it a lot to correct him. Howard happier with Bruce.

They talked about and practiced getting onto NZs threes.
Hill shot threes pretty well as did Ballinger.
It's too hard to penetrate with Harris guarding, of course.

Reply #302816 | Report this post

Coach C  
Years ago

Were there many people out there...

Reply #302925 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was only 7 or 8 , when I was there , for about an hour.
ABC TV news must've come after I left 'cause I saw something 'bout it on there.
Today , might be a few more, the day before a game
and will be a bit shorter.

Reply #302929 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If they offered me a pick on Bruce and Harris or Howard , for the next practice game.
I'd take Harris and Bruce.
Bruce is gonna have to leave us now I know
Harris is ready to play.

Anyways - I been burned before, so you won't hear me complain.

They are gonna practice box out, this week, after the NZ game.

Reply #303322 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hugh Greenwood training here this am , looked pretty good.
Harris some good cuts dunks blocks, but no staying power. Creek , peaking dunked on him. Pretty t watch.
Carter Herbert shot well on another court.
Hill very very sharp. Bruce Shannon pretty good.
Not sure about Howard.

Reply #303489 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754