Ineedmore
Years ago

Three consecutive years at one club

Just because I have too much time on my hands at the moment (and I want to see if I can successfully start a "new topic") how many players currently have played with the same team for the past three consecutive years.
Just out of interset - for Marty's three year plan.
I know there's a few, maybe a lot, but maybe pick one team and post what you think.

PS I know Marty isn't seriously considering keeping all his current players for three years and then win a championship, but I thought it may be an intersting excercise.

Topic #24672 | Report this topic

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Ineedmore, what a brilliant idea. let me start for you.

ADELAIDE: Ballinger and Ng I think.

Reply #302668 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Name change fail.

Reply #302674 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

bhahahahahahaha

Reply #302676 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It was mentioned in a previous topic, but Marty is working to develop the culture at the club he wants.

He appears to be well respected by a number of 'ballers.

All coaches have their unique style. I would suggest that he is very much a developer coach and one who is focussed on the technical aids to coaching. One only has to see how he uses his assistants and technology in his coaching to understand. I expect he pours through hours of videos each week analysing minute details.

From what I have observed of Marty, he appears to be an "INTJ" - google it if you don't know what that means in terms of organisational psychology. Whereas, I would punt that one previous coach was an "ESFP" and another was an "INFP".

Let me just say that there are no right or wrong style, just different ways of getting things done.

Reply #302678 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Adelaide - Ballinger, Hill. I think Ng has only been back for 2 seasons or i could be wrong.

Cairns - Grabau, Crosswhite, Williams?, Rychart

Blaze - Harvey

Tigers - Corletto, Greer

Blaze - Henare, Penney, Bruton, Boucher?

Wildcats - Martin, Redhage, Robbins, Tovey, Weigh, Tovey?

Crocs - Cedar, Crawford, Hinder, Robertson, Williamson?

Reply #302679 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Took just 6-7 minutes without a reply before Ineedmore(replies) took it into their own hands!

Third year for Bruton in NZ. Boucher signed with him, so that's the two of them. Henare has been there from the start. Abercrombie is in his third season I think. Penney probably.

From the Tigers, Corletto and Greer. Clean-out last year.

In Perth, Redhage. Quite a few there since Beveridge took over with his *cough* multi-year plan.

In Wollongong, Campbell, Davidson, Jackson. Saville misses out for deserting to Sydney.

Townsville, guessing Cedar, Hinder, Williamson, Robertson. Crawford misses out for a period in Perth.

Gold Coast only just been around long enough - Harvey, Goulding. Gibson one year short.

Reply #302681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kingjames...By blaze (the second time) im sure you meant breakers ;)

Reply #302683 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Oh I get it. Name change fail is a joke on me.

Ha. Not quite though, supposed to be a joke.

Don't know how to name change and that was my first ever "new topic'!!

You give me too much credit.

Hawks: Saville, Campbell?

Reply #302684 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Thanks for the input.

I think the point I'm reaching for is it must be quite hard to institute a "three year plan' when you are going to have a(high?)turnover of players.

As shown above to a degree.

How can you instill the third year of your three year plan on two or three new guys you just signed that year? Particular if they include one or two gun starters?

Sorry If I'm not following protocol by answering my own question at the beginning before allowing others, still getting the hang of this - made myself laugh though.

Reply #302685 | Report this post

;P  
Years ago

@jack last one was actually "nfi"

Reply #302688 | Report this post

anonymousme  
Years ago

Ineedmore you are a legend and very good looking.

Reply #302689 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ineedmore, currently on holidays by any chance?

Reply #302690 | Report this post

Ineedmore  
Years ago

Well I've worked out the name change thingy. Not to sure how ethical that is however.

And not on holidays Isaac. But soooooooo close.

Reply #302694 | Report this post

kb3  
Years ago

my guesses

Adelaide - Ballinger Ng is only in his second year back i think
Cairns - Rhycart. Grabau, Phil Jones(?)
Hawks - Saville, Campbell
Tigers- Corletto , Greer
Perth- Redhage, Martin,
Crocs- Cedar
Breakers - as per isaac list

Reply #302695 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Im sure Phill Jones is in his second year now with Cairns. Could be wrong though..

Reply #302705 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Adelaide - Holmes - this is his third season back

Reply #302713 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ineedmore, its not about keeping your entire roster, its about hanging onto your key players.

The successful teams have done that:
Hawks - Sav, Campbell, Davidson (developed Tragardh too)
NZ - CJ, Penney, Boucher and until this year, Ronaldson and Forman.
Perth - Martin, Redhage (and developing Weigh and Wagstaff). Before that they had Catt and Rogers around for quite awhile.
Melb - just had cleanout, but if you look at the perennial powerhouse they were, it was anchored by Anstey, Mackinnon and D-Mac.
Kings 3-peat - Nielsen, J Smith, CJ Bruton
Adelaide - Going back to ancient times now our team was built around Maher, Cattalini, Rees, Brooks and Mee.

A three year plan doesn't mean you choose your roster on day one and keep the same 10 players for three seasons!

It means over three years, you identify your core players, develop them, bring in the right complementary pieces and hopefully develop a culture of good habits and attitudes. The culture is important, because when injuries occur, young guys that have been around the team tend to plug into the lineup and succeed. Ever noticed how good teams seem to keep churning out the best rookies too?

Goorjian was successful in this way, because he could take young guys and get the best out of them year after year: Mackinnon, J. Smith, Ronaldson, Worthington... I'm sure someone will come up with others

He didn't just rely on getting great imports every year!

Reply #302720 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754