Peter
Years ago

Win-loss needed to make the top four

It's the half way point of the season and I wonder what people think is the win-loss split a team will need to make the top four? Given some people have posted that the 36ers are still a chance to make the four, what do folks think of their chances of making the split needed?

My 2 pennyworth is that 14-14 will not be enough. I think a team will need at least 15-13 to make top four. To make this, the sixers need to go 10-5 for the rest of the season. we have 6 home games and 9 away. I think we can go 5-1 at home but 3-3 is more realistic, on current form. That leaves us needing a winning road record for the rest of the season. Given recent form, that's unmlikely.

I'm still unsure about the new imports and whether another week playing with the team can get them playing well consistently. If that happens, the potential for a turnaround is high. However, it has to start this week against NZ or it's not going to happen at all.

What do other think?

Topic #24678 | Report this topic

GKcats  
Years ago

Get ready for next season, 6rs not goin any where up or down!!! Sori

Reply #302741 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Since 2002, the average win% is 62% to make it to position 4. With a 28 game season, this should mean about 17 or 18 games.

Reply #302756 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Put a fork in them, they are done!....Again

Reply #303011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754