Bucks
Years ago

NBA Dunk Contest 2011

Just interested on your thoughts on the NBA dunk contestants this year. Obviously Blake Griffin is great and so is McGee. Just don't know about the other 2 guys. Ibaka gets dunks but if you look at his highlights he is not the best leaper. Jennings? Players in our NBL could dunk better then Jennings e.g. Abercrombie, Dorsey, Ira Clark.

Topic #24690 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I don't like the Javale Mcgee pick, seems to similar to the Chris Andersen choice a few years back, and that was an absolute disaster.

For me it's between Griffin and Ibaka. Ibaka should be able to bring some pretty good power dunks and we all know what Griffin is capable of. Jennings has a pretty good vert but I don't know how he will go, especially because he is currently out with a broken foot.

If I got to pick 4 young guys I would have gone with:

Blake Griffin
Russell Westbrook
Terrence Williams
DeMar DeRozen

In any case, surely the contest won't be as bad as last year!

Reply #302960 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Demar Derozan would win if he entered. Air Canada!

Reply #302965 | Report this post

Juno 78  
Years ago

yep, guys in the nbl can dunk better than jennings...

because this isn't him in high school...

http://bit.ly/iGhk5

Reply #302967 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Sonny Weems is pretty good. Westbrook would be good too watch. Paul George, hasn't proved himself yet though.

Reply #302970 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would have liked to have seen Westbrook as well myself...

Reply #302971 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

DeMar DeRozan was in it last year and didn't win

Reply #302976 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Those who are saying Jennings shouldnt be in it, obviously no nothing about the lad. Go check out his high school stuff.. I DARE YA

Reply #302977 | Report this post

BigD  
Years ago

Jennings has massive hops, he definately should be in it, but coming off foot surgery and entering seems a bit weird. Javale McGee is either going to change to dunk contest forever or completely fail and it'll be a disaster. Ibaka won a dunk contest in Spain in 2008 so he seems like a good pick. i'm picking Griffin though.

Reply #302979 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Jennings in a Dunk comp would be great exposure for his shoe brand Under Armour. There in lies the motiviation for being in the dunk comp.

Reply #303005 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Reply #303008 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Already seen that dunk before by many people that jennings did in that video. Want someone who has the ability to do something new and brilliant which i beleive we will get from Blake Griffin and probably Javale Mcgee.

Reply #303021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Already seen that dunk before by many people that jennings did in that video. Want someone who has the ability to do something new and brilliant which i beleive we will get from Blake Griffin and probably Javale Mcgee."

Harsh.....He was in high school when he pulled that dunk off!!

Reply #303022 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

I hope Javale pulls this one out :P

http://bit.ly/dUwVYW

Reply #303050 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Kevin Martin of the rockets was laughing about jennings and ibaka, and cant beleive Terrence Williams and Sonny Weems missed out.

Reply #303115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754