Foley79
Years ago

Rest of season predictions

Half way down and things a becoming more clear.Not as close as this time last year, top 3 looks set and down to Cairns and Crocs for fourth I would go the Crocs at this stage Cairns cant keep relying on there defence and only scoring 70-75 points a game to keep wining.

Looks to me like

Wildcats
Breakers
Hawks
Crocs

Cairns
Tigers
36ers
Blaze
Kings

Gf Cats v NZ Cats to sweep it in two NZ will choke

Redage to win MVP in league and GF series and 36ers to have 2 new imports in 5 weeks.

Topic #24692 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hawks without Saville are no lock for top three. I think their spot could be a bit vulnerable unless they can get back on track.

Reply #302980 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

positions 3,4,5 and 6 could well be in reverse come end of season,the others look about right though.

Reply #302982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think

Cats
NZ
Crocs
Cairns

Hawks
6ers
Blaze
Tigers
Kings

Perth in 3 Games only if they get Wagstaff and Knight back fit , Tovey to win Most improved and Corey Williams to go back to back in the MVP and Ballinger to Captin the Brisbane Bullets next year

Reply #302986 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

My predictions are:

Breakers
Wildcats
Taipans
Crocs
Hawks
Sixers
Tigers
Blaze
Kings

Also, the sixers won't get any more inports this season. Shannon is good and deserves the rest of the season at the very least and Howard is new to the team. Unless they get injured and we are in contetion for the playoffs, there is no point wasting the money on new imports.

Reply #302987 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

ballinger is a weak captain but i wouldnt be surprised if he left, i hear weigh from perth is off to bullets also......anyone heard who else is heading there?

Reply #302988 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

2 new 36er imports in 5wks. Yeah good luck with that.

NZB
PER
WOL
Toss a coin between the next 4

"
"
"
MEL
SYD

Ervin to win MVP.

Breakers title, Penney finals MVP.

Reply #302989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weigh is on the second year of a 3 year contract now cant see the cats letting him go he signed two years ago with Martin Wagstaff Weigh Robbins all for three years knight for for years . I recon that regage will go I heard he asking for to much money and he will leave . Lisch might head to euroupe as well

Reply #302994 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wildcats
Breakers
Taipans
Crocs

Hawks
Tigers
Sixers
Blaze
Kings

Is my best guess...

Ervin's my regular season MVP pick too.

I think the championship is definitely going to be between the Breakers and Wildcats. But I think the Wildcats can win it, with Martin Finals MVP!

Reply #302997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch out for the taipans....

Reply #303007 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers def have the ability to choke but I would like to hope it is their season to do it.

Breakers
Wildcats
Crocs
Taipans
Hawks
Sixers
Blaze
Tigers
Kings

Ervin is my regular season MVP
Kirk Penney Finals MVP

Breakers to win it over Perth but down to the wire

Reply #303009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats will not lose again this season at home and are the best team on the road ,They should be on a 10 game winning run if not for falling asleep against the Tiapans they lost that for them self had nothing to do with the snakes D

the Cats are going to be like the Cats of the AFL over the last 4 years Bevo is the best coach in the league by far and has great contacts all over the world . just think how good they could be with 2 imports

Reply #303012 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I would have written my own predictions, but they are EXACTLY the same as LC...

Reply #303018 | Report this post

dave-northblock  
Years ago

Honestly think that NZ will end up top as they are the most consistent team followed closely by the Wildcats. Taipans will hold 3rd and the Hawks will fall into the fourth spot. As for Adelaide, I see us finishing 8th

Breakers
Wildcats
Taipans
Hawks
Crocs
Blaze
Melbourne
Adelaide
Kings

The 36ers still think they can make it into 4th, but I really dont think so. 2 or 3 games lost by a few points has been the problem.

Reply #303019 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

no one even had the tigers in the top 5. still a long way to go...

Reply #303023 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm going to say:

Breakers
Cats (Depends a bit on getting Knight & Wagstaff back)
Taipans
Tigers (They have all the pieces to make a run)

Hawks (I think they might slip without Sav)
Crocs (Might sneak above Taipans, but just think they are a bit inconsistent)
Blaze
Sixers (I'd like to put them above Blaze, but they need Howard to start showing something 1st)
Kings (Give the kids a run Moose)

Breakers and Cats in grand final at this stage if Cats can get healthy. Tigers are a smokey now. If they can string enough wins together to make the playoffs, could be very dangerous. Hawks a small chance if Sav comes back fit. Don't think anyone else has a shot at winning the title.

Reply #303045 | Report this post

cpark59  
Years ago

Haters gonna hate the Taipans.

Reply #303079 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great minds think alike DJ Rod ;)

Reply #303081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne will make the playoffs and win the whole thing.

The 1-3-1 Zone will work a treat for the rest of the season...

Reply #303085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754