Ayinde Ubaka (Gold Coast) 1

Coach of the Month
Rob Beveridge (Perth) 46
Andrej Lemanis (New Zealand) 27
Aaron Fearne (Cairns) 20
Al Westover (Melbourne) 5
Marty Clarke (Adelaide) 3
Joey Wright (Gold Coast) 1
Not much love for Devendorf - I think he averaged 20 PPG for the month?

Topic #24724 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

You'd love to say "I wasn't expecting that" but I'd be lying my butt off.

Isaac, the award tends to go to the star player rather than the better performer when it comes down to it.

Have someone like Homicide and Devendorf churn out equal stats, Homicide will get the nod just for rep sake.

Same situation if you had Gary Wilkinson and Penney with near matching stats. Penney would get the nod over Gary just for being the higher profile player on the team.

Reply #303504 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

^ Totally agree

Reply #303505 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sure. I vote in the awards and considered Devendorf briefly. Surprised that only one person gave him a single third-place vote though (my one-vote went to Williams).

Reply #303509 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Should go to the big Kazoo every month. The biggest one-man team since Gaze at Melbourne back in 1984.

Reply #303557 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Aaron Fearne seemed not to get much love, even though he was second. Perth went 5-0 and didn't play any top 4 teams, with 2 of the wins against Sydney (bottom team). Cairns went 4-1, with 1-1 against top 4 teams. The loss was against NZ. They also beat Townsville (5th). Moreover, most would have been equivocal about Cairns doing that well and a lot more confident about Perth going 5-0 against the bottom 5 teams. So it goes.

Reply #303578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754