Jonno
Years ago

nbl injury waiver replacement rules

I have read on forums that the nbls rule regarding injury replacements is that a player can only replace the one player they have been bought into replace, eg. Majok and Wagstaff, so in this scenario once Wagstaff is back Majok cannot play for the wildcats? even to replace Matt Knight or someone else?

I guess the same would apply for Carter/Bruce and Harris/Creek which Clark seemd to mention on Coast FM? or can Bruce say replace Ng and Majok then replace Knight?

If they cant its a bad rule IMO, surely with a salary cap, points cap and u/24 rule in restricting rosters they dont need any further rules like this.

Wouldnt the common sense thing be to say aslong as you have atleast 1 U/24 player in your 10 man roster and the roster fits within the points cap for each game then its all good?

and with the 7 game qualifying to playoffs rule in it prevents anyone from bringing in a stud to help them in the playoffs without playing 7 games of the season,

I hope the NBL get this fixed if this is the case as we dont want good young Aussie players such as Aaron Bruce and Majok (if he doesnt head to Europe), being forced to sit out of the league over a rule like this. If i was Adelaide and Perth i would be appealing this to the NBL big time.

Topic #24737 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

What bugs me most is the players we've used on injury waivers, are training here and would be ideal to use agen for other injuries.
We evidently have points left to sign one of 'em ,
but not enough dollars left on the cap.
Plenty of restrictions - as you mention.

Reply #303641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the league should bend the rukes so perth can keep majok...it seems everyone including majok himself wants to stay.

if not - can majok sign for any other nbl team?

Reply #303667 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

By the time Majok and Bruce finish their injury waiver replacement duties , in a coupla weeks,
they could play for another NBL club.
The Adelaide 36ers could release an under performing import and sign them both to contract to play here
while Carter plays in Ng's spot, given Ng's injury is season ending.

Reply #303673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks camel31
it would be good to see him finish the year in the nbl somewhere.

Reply #303678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754