mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Taipans NSEC 13th Jan

Top of the table clash tonight.
Breakers win they get a buffer at the top and go 2-0 against the Taipans this season, Drop this game and the Taipans claim top spot and even the series.
If New Zealand can dictate the pace of the game I'm pretty confident they can get the win especially if they dominate the boards like they did against Adelaide.
Breakers have reduced all tickets to $10NZD and this game should be a sellout (I'm still gonna watch this one at home for the bad commentary and replays and the driving across Auckland factor).

Topic #24742 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

Taipans will have to dictate the pace of the game, and shoot the lights out to have any chance. They are travelling better than last time they were here, so should be a top game.
Wilkinson and CJ are question marks aren't they. That might even things up.

Reply #303709 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Agree Bill, CJ has been pretty quiet last couple of weeks with that elbow injury in training and then the wrist injury that Wilkinson has just suffered in training the other day wasn't the best especially after how well he played against Adelaide. Mind you the Breakers have not had one game this season where both Imports have been the top scorers on the team, either CJ or Penney steps up and either Braswell or Wilkinson gets it dome for the Imports. So this week it may be Braswell who carries the imports scoring load for NZ and Penney has slowly started to get back to top form so I expect him to get his offensively.

Im gonna go with NZ by 7, full house will lift them.

Reply #303729 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i think cairns might pinch this one......nz won't dominate the boards like they did last week.

dont under estimate cairns defence or their desire to win.
jones and tait will be looking to have 'season games' (which won't be hard for jones) (or tait seeing his season just started)

it wont be an effort stat that loses it for cairns, more likely a high shooting percentage from nz to get them across the line.

Reply #303809 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers on the come back. Imports stepping up.

Reply #303840 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Two quality teams going at it. Great game!
Breakers too good in end. Cairns dried up in second half, but hung around and wouldn't go away.
Wilkinson and Braswell were awesome. Home court gave us the refereeing edge big time. But at the end of the day though we made the big plays and Cairns couldn't in that final quarter.
Dorsey showed he was a better player than last time he was here. They executed so well in the first half and got layups but couldn't sustain it.

Reply #303844 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Both NZ imports stepped up big time and I thought Cj's little scoring burst was well timed.
Sixers next.

Reply #303845 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Penney finished with 24, Wilkinson had 22 and Cj 13points. Dorsey high scored for the Taipans with 20points and had 10 boards to go with them.
Great game to watch.

Reply #303881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754