Isaac
Years ago

NBL reschedules two 36ers road games

Hope no one had booked a road trip!

The National Basketball League has made a number of changes to both its iiNet NBL Championship game schedule and its broadcast schedule on ONE HD, Basketball Australia has advised.

The Sydney Kings' home game against the Adelaide 36ers at the Sydney Entertainment Centre which had been scheduled for 5 February will now be played on Friday 4 February at 8:00 PM (local time).

The Gold Coast Blaze home game against the Adelaide 36ers at the Gold Coast Convention Centre previously set down for Saturday 12 February will now be played on Sunday 13 February at 5:00 PM (local time).

On the NBL’s ONE HD TV schedule, the Sydney-Adelaide game will replace the previously announced Cairns Taipans versus Perth Wildcats match on February 4, while the Gold Coast-Adelaide clash will replace the Townsville Crocodiles - Cairns Taipans match as the broadcast game on February 13.

The changes have been necessitated by logistical issues around the two previously planned broadcast games in Queensland.
The bonus for 36ers fans is this means two more Adelaide road games on OneHD.

Poor Crocs. Already getting almost no games on TV and here they've just lost one. Meanwhile, Cairns lose two!

Topic #24762 | Report this topic

Gnome  
Years ago

I am happy with that!!! ;-)

Reply #304187 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

What would you rather watch

Sydney vs Adelaide

or

Cairns vs Perth

Ok I would want to watch the Adelaide game but only because I support them. However 2nd vs 3rd game would be a lot better to watch then a 6th vs 9th.

Reply #304189 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Dont think im happy with that. our road games have been shocking. not to keen on seeing us getting pelted away more often.

in all seriousness though that is good. however the Cairns fans wont be happy due to the lack of games they have already had aired. this will add to their anger

Reply #304191 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I'd rather watch the Sixers V Kings, the sixers might actually get a win on the road!

Reply #304193 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply #304196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those floods just keep on damaging Queensland

Reply #304198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of crap, how many games to win have to win in a row at home for us to get some recognition? Why would anyone want to see the the Kings play again, we've already seen them get hammered enough times this season on TV. And Reptile Rumbles are always great. I'm sick of Cairns getting hated on.

Reply #304224 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Sounds like 10 have just decided they don't want to send any cameras up to Cairns as they will lose too much money in the exercise.

Bummer for the away teams, but if you are in Cairns, just go to the game.

Reply #304227 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

i will be their :)

Reply #304245 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i will be there also......it won't bother the team too much but front office would be pissed off re exposure for the team/town.

can,t wait for the sunday arvo cairns v nz game on the 30th of jan.

locals are talking about it already.....there is a real buzz about this team and their hunger this year.

Reply #304256 | Report this post

two basketball  
Years ago

Adelaide and Cairns have today lost another TV game on 4th march from the Dome. The broadcast game has been switched to Saturday 5th between Wollongong and Townsville because of One's commitment to AFL.

Reply #304262 | Report this post

two basketball  
Years ago

...That means march 5th will be the only time in the remaining 11 rounds that Townsville will have a game on TV. Kings are on another 12 times!!!

Reply #304263 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Ummm, where did you get that info from.... 4th March is not listed as one of the games in the NBL's article.

Reply #304297 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Flinders80, by th time these games come on, we might be watchng 2nd vs 3rd. Wishful thinking but somehow its more likely that pigs will fly.

Reply #304308 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Any one want to sign my petition?

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/24562-sydney-kings-onehd-protest/

Reply #304456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754