skip
Years ago

Damien Ryan leaves the Kings.

Just tweeted by the Kings

"The Kings have allowed Damien Ryan to terminate his agreement and pursue a contract in Italy where he played prior to joining the Kings"

Dont think they will be too unhappy seeing him go. Don't think he provided anywhere near what tthey were hoping for.

Topic #24769 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was crap anyway.

Reply #304301 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Hahahahaha 'leaves' the Kings, he has deteriated so badly as a basketall player, over the years. This is some of the best news the Kings have had all season! Wonder if Bob Turner gave him a glowing review when the Italian team called asking about him!? 'Oh yes, yes he is a team MVP week in week out'!

Reply #304302 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Has anyone let the owners know that Bob Turner is killing the team with these decisions. Crikey.

Reply #304303 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Another one of my fantasy NBL team bites the dust! Oh well, at least Madgen won't lose any more time to Ryan now. Dude has all the athleticism of a zombie out there. Obviously being able to run isn't highly prized in the Italian league?

Reply #304310 | Report this post

very old  
Years ago

Ryan's peak for NBL was at least 5 years ago. His ability to contribute is way at the far end of the bell curve now. He was never near the level of players like Copeland, who were still able to contribute in their last few seasons.

Reply #304312 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

I hope this means more minutes for Madgen.

Reply #304313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kb3 spot on.

Reply #304320 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

MADGEN!!!

Reply #304321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should try persue Yusuf Qaafow from the Tigers. I think he'll serve a nice backup for now and a good player for the future. he's probably one of the quickest PG in the league. Tigers isn't giving him the opportunity he deserves anyway.

Reply #304323 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

needed to happen- guy tried running a horns offensive set when the rest of the team wasn't even watching- not a point guard at all!!!

good player a while ago!

Reply #304324 | Report this post

Red  
Years ago

Opens the door to sign Alter Majok when his 6 week term @ Perth finishes.

Reply #304331 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

@red good call!! But wld better suit the kings nxt season- new coach, new imports (speculation obviously)!! Also wld not be a good look signing their 60th player in the one season!!

Reply #304344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madgen will be a Sixer next season. I'd put money on it, considering what an awful coach he plays for and what a mess that team is. I mean there was a point in time this season when the Kings didn't think he was good enough to be in the regular ten!! What a joke - this guy is a gun and is going to be a heck of a player in this league for years to come.

Ryan won't be missed - was never healthy and was also dealing with a lot of off court stuff from what I heard.

Reply #304348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sort of money would be be getting in Italy? I take it it would be a lower level team

Reply #304370 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was Christmas 2009 and Nathan Herbert was poked in the eye and taken to hospital.
The 36ers contacted Damien Ryan, back from Italy, training with Melbourne and he asked for some huge amount of money to play here, wouldn't fit in the cap.
( Herbert's injury turned out to be not serious)

Reply #304375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many of the players that Bob Turner recruited are left?

Reply #304439 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure that Ryan will be missed much. Hadn't been seeing the minutes you'd want a fairly notable signing to get and Madgen's been showing more energy anyway.

Reply #304442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yusef from the tigers is woeful,he's not even seabl standard!!

HAHAHA thats so funny. He prob posted the comment himself the wanker!!!

Reply #304448 | Report this post

Damien Ryan  
Years ago

Was Damien Ryan playing for the Kings this season? I thought he was playing for the Money...

Reply #304458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First division team in Italy that is on the playoff cusp.

Reply #304462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bob turner is struggling
his frist mistake was to expect 20 & 10 from rod grizzard...his 2nd was to hire and persist with ian robbiliard

he dumped taj mccullough despite investing heavily in him, thus losing a lot of money..taj might not have lived up to epxectation but he worked his butt off and is better than gilder.

then he hires patrick sanders who's pull up and set shot look worlds apart..he also likes putting up 2 point shots on the buzzer when his team is down 3.

he then not only allowed someone called trey gilder to play for the kings but also gave him shane heals retired 23 jersey for good measure.

oh & the kings are on a 14 game losing streak while all this is going on.

u cant fault his passion or commitment to the kings but he has clearly lost his touch in his ability to put a team together.

Reply #304472 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

I thought gilder wore no.3?

Reply #304603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great player

Reply #322099 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754