Beantown
Years ago

NH: Reversing cameras - Good? Bad?

I'm looking at purchasing a reversing camera to give me better vision for my van.

If you have had some experience using vehicle reversing cameras, I'd love to know your thoughts on the following:

1) how well does your camera/ viewing screen deal with glare?
2) how about judging distance to objects behind you?
3) are viewing screens that are integrated into your rearview mirror any good? What is the mirror like when driving normally?

Topic #24797 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Never looked into it much, but I know that dealextreme.com (cheap and all prices include shipping) have a few options in this area.

Reply #304874 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Beantown - My work does them. The full professional installed version and also the DIY verson.

Never heard any bad feedback on them.

Reply #304875 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

They are excellent for tight spots, but remember they do not replace turning the old head around for a look.

Reply #304880 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thats what I was going to say. They do have their good points but it is very easy to get complacent and rely on them too much, and forget to actually turn your head and look.

Reply #304885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relevance to a basketball chat forum?

Reply #304886 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks Skip, might have to look into what 'your work' offers.

LOL guys, I'm not just too lazy to turn my head/ use my mirrors. As I said I am driving a van and the vision isn't likely to be real good out the rear window!

Anon, pretty obvious what this thread was about, so you didn't have to read it. May I suggest you'd probably make better use of your time wacking off?

Reply #304890 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Those of you have used them a bit, is there any issues with glare on a bright day?

Reply #304894 | Report this post

Tiger Woodduck  
Years ago

I think there is one at the Morphett Vale Stadium. lol

Reply #304899 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Relevance to a basketball chat forum?
Anon, quite often regulars ask for feedback/help with something not directly related to basketball. I'll add "NH" to the title (non-hoops) for anyone confused by the title to think this might've been basketball-related.

Reply #304901 | Report this post

Fred  
Years ago

had one in Europe was easy to use had a warning device in England not a camera and it said stop after we had hit the tree, know which one I would prefer

Reply #304905 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

anyone want to buy a washing machine??

Reply #304973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh for christs sake - before we know it there will be a thread about the International Wheat Agreement

Reply #305049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754