Anonymous
Years ago

Hornets - Hottest Team and Best Story in NBA

The New Orleans Hornets are currently the hottest team in the league with a 9 win streak and are also the best story in the NBA at the moment.

To quote Joe Gerrity from hornets247.com

"The love could even reach levels unseen since 07-08 because of all the drama that has surrounded the team lately. From a sad summer riddled with rumors of Chris Paul's alleged unhappiness, a complete front office overhaul, and a winless preseason, to the ownership situation falling apart, and an attendance problem, this has been a tough year to be a Hornets fan. They are just about the ultimate underdog in the NBA. Hell, they don’t even have a real owner. And national TV? I think there has been one game on so far, and there is one more scheduled. It’s about time that changed."

Coming off games where they beat Atlanta 100-59 and San Antonio 96-72, today they overcame all sorts of adversity to extend the streak to 9 against all odds, thanks to a David West game winner. Not to mention it was during the Thunder game that they cracked the attendance benchmark, ensuring the teams immediate future in New Orleans. After all their suffering, the Hornets are deservedly the best current story of the NBA.

Topic #24821 | Report this topic

Mookie  
Years ago

Clipper time Negro

Reply #305706 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hornets may get early season knocks for "Feel Good Story", but Griffin and the Clippers are the underdog team to watch this seaosn.

Griffin is doing to the Clippers what Jordan did to the Bulls when he started: Becoming the flagship for the franchise.

Reply #305785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Marty,

Hornets are the feel good story of this season but the Clippers will be the team to keep an eye on for many years to come. Great young core to go with Blake too.

Its insane not just what griffin can do on the oirt but also what hes done for this team. Imagine me telling you last season that next year the CLIPPERS will be MUST WATCH MATERIAL.

And its all thanks to one man

Reply #305791 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

It was a no brainer but we're still talking about the Clippers here.

As a Clipper tragic I would love to see them become the team to watch and the hottest team in the league but being a long time fan has also made me appreciate that you must enjoy the little things (much like being a Sixers fan this last year and a half). Just seeing them on One last week was awesome (even if they did get iced by Portland)

Its only a matter of time before Donald Stirling or the Clippers curse throws a wrench in the works.

Reply #305868 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Griffin has the chance to be Jordanesque in relation to the impact on his team (naturally, he'll never be Jordan) but he can lead the team in most statistical columns, be the focal point of their offense and probably lead them to the finals.

I know there's been talk of him getting into the All-Star team, and I'd be looking to give it to him. K-Love and Alridge have been great this year, but the West is getting stacked at that 4-spot nowadays.

I can honestly picture him starting in the All-Star game next year. His gameplay will get him votes but a little too late this year methinks.

Reply #305874 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754