Anonymous
Years ago

ABL Stats history

Does anyone here know where I can find the past game stats going back to 2005 for abl? Tried sportingpulse, Basketball SA but no luck. Only last years is up.

Your help would be appreciated.

Topic #24823 | Report this topic

rock  
Years ago

Yeah good point.
When BASA became Basketball SA did we lose all that current and past player history?

I gather we don't want the support of the past players, in any shape or form....

Stats are not everything by any means but I think it shows a lack of understanding about how sport is supported in Australia by current and past players... disrespectful, let alone loss of potential sponsorship, volunteer base, et cetera.

Reply #305721 | Report this post

Lionel  
Years ago

Rock I think part of the problem is that the stats program has changed over the past few years. Plus before you think that BSA doesn't care for the players why don't you shoot them an email asking where you can find them without assuming that they have been shelved or lost.

Seems to be these days when someone can't find something easily they are too quick to point the finger or assume the worse.

History does count for something email BSA they will be able to help I am sure.

Reply #305727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rock, you raise some good points however, I would flip it around and suggest that perhaps that us former players should be putting back into the game that gave us so much regardless of whether our stats are online or not. Plenty of former players ensure their legacy remains by coaching/administration roles in teh game.

Personally I prefer my stats aren't published because the older I get, the better I was and any factual evidence to the contrary is counterproductive hahahaa

Reply #305751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have two years worth around 2005 but no longer have them online. I'm sure someone at BSA would have them stored in some format.

Reply #305768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac. I found the 2005 stats on the historical hoops site. Ill email BSA and ask them.

Reply #305775 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

I called BSA re a players stats for 2 seasons ago and had them emailed to me within 10 min. no probs.

Reply #305831 | Report this post

rock  
Years ago

OK glad to hear everyone is happy.. what about when BASA went from Apollo to the Dome? Where are those stats ( I tried to get them).
As much as who cares....the NBA is more than happy to roll out numbers and old farts who played way back...
celebrate the heroes, the identities, the weirdos,... it is part of our basketball culture.

Marketing maybe about the here and now, but somehow, if we lost the stats on Werner Linde, Mike AhMatt, Andy Blicavs, Ilsa Nagy,Inga Friedenfields, Patty Rowe, Daryl Pearce, I think we are losing a lot of the background that is the foundation of why SA and Austalia is a leader world-wide in our sport.

Reply #305870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think those people you have quoted wouldnt have their stats in electronic form. It would have all been done on paper and is probably waiting on someone to collate them.......like maybe a Colin Thompson who is retired and writing a book on the history of basketball in this state......just a thought

Reply #305872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This books sounds like a great idea! I know someone, a former playing from the 70s-80s in the state league, an Import that has many, many stories on the local league. I'd love to give Colin this info if someone could post an email address for him I'd get in touch.

Reply #305877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754