Anonymous
Years ago

Dandenong v Adelaide game

Even though Adelaide didn't win, Angela Marino had a good game, over 20 points. Maybe if they can keep this group together, and with a few additons will be competitive in all games next season.

Topic #24895 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh please you should have a good game when you play most of the game, don't past the ball, and just shot and might I add play NO defence. The whole team plays as individuals and no one is stopping them they can do what they want, they are not accountable. The Coach or Coaches just sit there. Thought Angela is a point guard. What plays does she set up or create? Please lightning will be bottom and unless Coaching Staff and things change No one will come to Adelaide. Marino will have lightning next but with no players that play with heart they will only play for money look at Walker this year. No players and No supporters while watch shit. Why not let Vince have lightning and do what he wants with it but start a new team for Adelaide that is willing to play as a team, where you earn your spot not pay for it.

Reply #307101 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Great idea to start a new team, just a small matter of the WNBL granting a second licence in Adelaide, someone paying for it and then trying to get players and coaching staff.

Reply #307146 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

ANON 307101. Firstly would you please use a spell checker when you post. Secondly this subject has been posted ad nauseum (that means on and on). Vince saved the team from extinction (whether you like or believe that or not). I'm not personally a Vince fan but I must acknowledge that without him there would be no Lightning. Basketball SA will never buy back the licence - because they have trouble, both administratively and financially, running basketball in this state. Possibly someone else will buy the team from Vince (but I wouldn't place a bet on that). The WNBL will NEVER provide a second licence for Adealide because it would not be viable. The WNBL is struggling with teams remaining financially viable (look at Townsville). Unfortunately you sound like a person with some sort of axe to grind against Vince, Angela, The Lightning etc. Let it go Princess. Build a bridge and get over it. Hopefully things will improve next season (I personally hope so)!!

Reply #307162 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754