ringlord
Years ago

Warriors +Cougars.

Just heard the two clubs will be getting together. I believe its a good move to boost Woodville.So 10 full teams to come over,what will happen with the outstanding 8-will they be Norwood players or will a mini Cougars club still exist?

Topic #24908 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

Can confirm. Letter posted on the Warriors web page. http://www.woodville.basketball.net.au/
Good move by the club I think personally

Reply #307327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All boys teams from Torrens confirming woody's boys only club. Junior girls are shambolic so maybe they need to add another outsider to the fold which has mostly girls.

Reply #307336 | Report this post

deal or no deal  
Years ago

this is the same deal the lions knocked back a few months ago.

I guess the Al Green mens deal came with an entire club.

"So Al what what will you add to our program if we give you the job?"

"How about Torrens Valley"

Reply #307338 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

So this is all confirmed?

Weird.

I started playing with TV back when they were NEBC out at St. Bernards.

Reply #307339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Lions / Cougars talks were never ever really going to go anywhere. It was too much of a one way street.

Reply #307341 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Awesome news,so is it a total merger?If so will the teams just change colors or will they mingle with other Warriors to make the best teams possible.Al Green is a mastermind,thanks for everything that is to come.

Reply #307345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The letter to members reads that it is not a merge or an association WTF then is it?

Reply #307346 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Warriors are welcoming any cougar into their ranks with open arms and a recognition of their club on uniform.
When think about it not much different from magic west connection except warriors showing cougars some respect for their club.
Seems cougars have perhaps succeeeded where magic failed.End of day club rationalisation which is BSA grand plan so maybe BSA worked magic

Reply #307349 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Told ya some of the TV kids would end up in Woodville's ABL team. Will be good to see Vucetic finally play ABL, FWIW.

Reply #307360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses - are you serious thinking he is ABL quality?!?

Now for the interesting question. TV players will be cleared to Woodville. So in a pro/rel division where TV is higher ranked eg U23 GRP A unless woodville get to go up the TV players will be playing in a lower group.

hmmmm so will TV forfeit tomorrow so they can rush through transfers to make sure Woodville climb back to GRP A in the final phase.

Reply #307362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses - are you serious thinking he is ABL quality?!?

Now for the interesting question. TV players will be cleared to Woodville. So in a pro/rel division where TV is higher ranked eg U23 GRP A unless woodville get to go up the TV players will be playing in a lower group.

hmmmm so will TV forfeit tomorrow so they can rush through transfers to make sure Woodville climb back to GRP A in the final phase.

Reply #307363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses you are dreaming brother Vucetic is not ABL standard and he will not make the team.

Woodville have just agreed to the deal that the Lions turned down, strange that they have announced the deal, merge, take over, friendship, affair without the nuts and bolts.

Can still see this not working, reckon warriors may have jumped the gun on the announcement.

If the details are not decided then why announce the deal.

just going off the woodville website here.

Reply #307364 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

nothing is changing till winter season so TV wont be forfeiting tomorrow night.

Reply #307365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously its insignificant. Not even worth the effort of sewing on the torrens valley badges onto the uniforms. Torrens Valley have 4 junior teams. Most of them in DIv 3 or below. Hardly going to impact Woodville's D1 teams at all.

Reply #307369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take Luck, what i was getting to was that unless Woodville get re-promoted then the TV players will end up playing in a lower grade in U23's. So to make sure Woodville make it transfer TV players to U23's for this final phase. If they play for TV Tuesday they most likely won't be able to play for another club during the same phase!!

Reply #307370 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Wow! Hey Loco, our old reversibles are collectables now... : )

Reply #307387 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

DB5 - it's eBay time!

Reply #307395 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I wonder if Al will approach former TV player now Forestville Eagle Nic Blair to join him at Woodville???

Reply #307396 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Panther appears one former colleague has joined Al at warriors

Reply #307405 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah mate the big Truck has joined Al there. Truck always loved Al as a coach in juniors so when Al got the job I think it was a pretty easy decision for him.

Reply #307413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this mean the Warriors are trying to be bigger than Magic!

Reply #307576 | Report this post

How does magic and warriors become linked ?
sureLY both clubs as all clubs are, are trying to be the biggest best they can be. Not sure what the point is? Magic arent the measuring stick and doubt Warriors give them any thought.Seriously do Magic go we are better than Warriors lets rest on laurel. Who gives a rats toss bag!!!!!!
Fixation with small matters - 576. Look at bigger picture. Basketball needs to grow and develop beyond small minded western suburbs phobia you have.

Question should be can Warriors and Torrens Valley make this work and progress. What are the benefits and what short falls need to be addressed.

Reply #307581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can i be small minded,when i was all for a merger with woodville.They where the ones who wanted everything on their own terms.Look at the way their players look at ours when they pass us,its like saying only white people are racist-total load of bull.

Reply #307603 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

but this not a merger.Magic appear happy in partnership with West.Old news

Reply #307612 | Report this post

baby eagle  
Years ago

I wonder why Torrens valley didn't approach Norwood with a similar offer?

Reply #307854 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

Baby Eagle

Green or Davidson
Who would you choose?

Reply #307860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754