your mumma
Years ago

Wortho broken wrist, out for season?

Wortho tweeted last night "over"
Anstey has tweeted just now " blaze are cursed with injuries this year."
Homocide has tweeted to Wortho " tell me what i am hearing aint true bro."

anyone know anymore about this.
Huge blow to Blaze if Wortho is out big plus for 36ers rolling into the coast this weekend though

Topic #24935 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

He was talking about his weights session. He benched OVER 8 kilos for the first time ever.

Reply #307656 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It was a tip to gamblers betting on the under/over for the next Blaze game... More seriously, the 36ers are paying $3.20 for this rounds game against the Blaze if you suddenly like their chances.

Sounds like a season-ending injury. Trying to find out for sure. Blaze have had no luck this season. Incredible.

That's two of the best forwards in the league done in one season. Perhaps the two best forwards even.

Reply #307658 | Report this post

NIno  
Years ago

Situation, his career appears over. Just like You're boy Redhage, probs not the best time to be sarcastic. 2 of the best PF in NBL history go down in same month, scary stuff. Wish him all the best.

Reply #307659 | Report this post

your mumma  
Years ago

Anstey just tweeted Ben Fitz that he has a broken wrist and getting it operated on today.

Reply #307660 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

@ChrisAnstey13
Been playing with a broken wrist for 3 weeks, surgery today RT @BenFitz: what is the word on Wortho?

Reply #307662 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

My apologies, at the time of posting my comment, the thread title was based on one ambiguous tweet saying "OVER!" The follow-up tweets that I read didn't confirm any injury.

Reply #307663 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

ouch thats gotta hurt. all of a sudden sixers chances look slightly better, but not much

Reply #307666 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The bet has been taken off from Sportsbet (unless they never put it up yet). It is still available at Centrebet. Surely their imports will step it up

Reply #307672 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I broke my wrist not long ago and you obviously have the cast on for at least 6 weeks but then the surgeon told me it can take up to 3 months to get full strength and flexibility back so I would say his season is more than likely over?

Reply #307675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmation

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/02/11/290905_gold-coast-blaze.html

Reply #307696 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

"Pamenter confirmed the club would now look for a recruit to replace Worthington."

Could Majok end up there?

Reply #307700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like how the reporter cites a broken "scaffold" rather than scaphoid!

Majok is the man IMO.

Reply #307701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes he could skip.

Reply #307702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Wortho keep it quiet from the club until he stitched up that three year contract extension with them last week?

Reply #307703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its just a broken wrist - im sure the blaze wouldve extended wortho injured wrist or not.

Reply #307704 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Weren't they suspicious when he signed the contract left-handed?

Majok is the replacement.

Reply #307706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the situtation, has majok been confirmed as the replacement already? where did you read that?

Reply #307709 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I was told by someone. Nothing confirmed yet.

Reply #307711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good stuff, i hope your right.
he is exciting to watch

Reply #307712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, Wortho had openly said to reporters that he was playing with an injured/broken wrist and that the team were trying to "manage" him through it but there was a development that required surgery. He would've kept the club abreast of the situation and they would've signed him for three years regardless.

Reply #307713 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I know it's common in the NBA, but I always find it strange when a player suits up for 2 different teams in an NBL season.

Reply #307714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wonder how many times thats happened skip

Reply #307716 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Happened when Grizzard joined us a few seasons back.

Reply #307717 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Unfortunately Skip :P

Reply #307723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, Okay I didn't know he had been open with reporters about the broken wrist so obviously the Blaze would've known still wouldn't have been the first time a player had kept an injury from their club especially during contract negotiations.

Reply #307725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should add too I don't remember him mentioning the broken wrist in his interview on Overtime wednesday night but he might've said something about it when I wasn't paying attention.

Reply #307726 | Report this post

your mumma  
Years ago

Q is will Majok be first player to play for 2 diff teams in the same round.

Reply #307727 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He wont be playing for Perth this weekend. Wagstaff should be playing tonight.

Reply #307728 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Aaron Trahair was also granted approval to play for two clubs in the same season. I believe from Perth to Newcastle????

Reply #307740 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Wasn't Rychart cut by the Giants midseason and signed by 6ers?

Reply #307741 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Kendall played for both Perth and Tigers in the same year.

If he plays for the Blaze it will be the 2nd time he has played for 2 teams in a season after his short kings stint.

Reply #307743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indeed he was Melvin and Matt Garrison the year before too with the Taipans and then the Sixers in the same season. He was a member of the 36ers last championship team in 2002.

Reply #307752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why couldn't he keep playing like Julius did last year? His wrist was broken and he played half the season with it

Reply #307851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754