Anonymous
Years ago

AustraliaLiveTV in trouble

THE future of Adelaide-based internet TV station AustraliaLiveTV is under a cloud as the station's management owes money to some of its key talent including high-profile broadcaster Ken "KG" Cunningham.

Staff wait for unpaid wages and creditors demand answers on the station’s future plans and prospects. The station’s lease on its Hindmarsh studio has been cancelled by the property owner.

However, AustraliaLive TV’s part-owner Rob Popplestone told Indaily “we still believe in the dream”, foreshadowing the launch of studios in Melbourne next month once sponsorship was completed

“Facebook is still making a loss and yet it’s valued at billions in unrealised potential,” he said.

Former ALTV staff members have told Indaily the Adelaide telecasts ended when its landlord, Chapel Lane Studios, pulled the plug at 2.59pm on Monday, December 13.

http://indaily.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/tv-switch-off-catches-big-names/

A few weeks ago I went to have a look at Inside The Game (KB & Ninnis had replaced Maher) and it just wasn't on so that probably explains it.

Topic #24968 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks. Was going to post this earlier today and forgot.

For those who don't know, ALTV featured a show with KG and Smyth as well as the show with KB/Maher/Ninnis. There was also an extreme sports-oriented show hosted by Nathan Strempel who MCed the High Stakes Hoops event.

Reply #308243 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

what does he mean facebook is running at a loss!!!??

Reply #308244 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might've been thinking of Twitter. I think Facebook is now profitable.

Reply #308245 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

is it still going now? last time i looked there were not any new episodes in the past episode list?

Reply #308260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes tv presenters don't make good business men

- Rob Popplestone
- Eddie McGuire
- Ron Burgundy

Reply #308280 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Had a look not for me Dr John Tickell does not inspire me. Lacks credibility INMHO.

Reply #308292 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

I heard that KB quit back in november due to unpaid wages being owed to him, which sucks because i really enjoyed Inside the Game

Reply #308332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So did I, Dazzler. wow that really does suck

Reply #308440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754