DB5
Years ago

Oh My....NBA today.

Seeing as we had a thread regarding how bad the Cavs are, I had to post this.

Cavaliers 104 Lakers 99.

The Cavs...Yes the team that had lost 26? in a row for the record of crapness. They knocked off the reigning champs today.

Side note: Did anyone see yesterday's Heat v Pacers game? Heat 41-19 first quarter..Scores tied in the last with 8 minutes to go.

So my question's are : Are these so called finalists actually the real deal at the moment?

Will we see a big trade by one of the power teams before the trade deadline?

Topic #24987 | Report this topic

Speed44  
Years ago

I think the Lakers will definitely make a trade. I know they are probably in cruise mode ATM, but they just don't seem to scare teams anymore. Maybe Bynum, Artest, Odom or Brown may be on the block I reckon.

The Heat cannot do anything really, as they have nothing to offer to other teams, besides maybe an injured Haslem?

Reply #308526 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not expecting the Heat to make a trade, actually I don't even think that they will make the Finals. Boston has the wood on them, and I am hoping the Bulls do as well when healthy.

The Lake show, that is another story though. Surely Artest is on the way out (wouldn't Ariza be handy now?) and Odom could be used as bait in this as well.
Maybe the Melo rumour could come true?

Reply #308528 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

isnt Kobe injured?

Reply #308531 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Blake Griffin accidentally headbutted the backboard in his game today...

Reply #308542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs.

Reply #308548 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Lakers won't 3-peat. Even the Thunder have the edge on them this year IMO.

I suspect a First round knockout of the Lakers by Portland or the Jazz.

Doubt Bynum will go; or Odom. I think they'll try and ship Artest, Brown or Fisher.

Lakers really need more youth in the Backcourt now.

Reply #308556 | Report this post

lickity split  
Years ago

HA, they mite not win it all, but are you seriosuly predicting the lakers to lose a series of 7 games in the 1st or 2nd round? you obviously dont have much of an idea!

Reply #308569 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

(Big Marty has Flashback to 2007 Finals)

Marv Albert: And so the Lakers have been knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st Round by Phoenix 4 games to 3.

(Return to Present)

Whoa, that was scary.

(Big Marty has Flashback to 2006)

Marv Albert: And so the Lakers have been knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st Round by Phoenix 4 games to 3.

(Returns to Present)

Sorry, Lickety Split I just had a flashback. Yes, I'm fairly sure that they can get wiped in the 1st round considering it's happened a few times in recent memory.

You're blind assumptions that they won't are hilarious considering they just survived against the Thunder last time round. Had the Thunder learned the ancient art of boxing out; they would have won their series last year quite comfortably.

Reply #308594 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Don't flashback too far Big M, and especially try to avoid flash backs to your birth, it might leave you mentally scared.

Lets be honest, Celtics, Spurs, Heat, Bulls, Mavs, Lakers and Magic (and maybe...longshot maybe the Thunder) are the only teams you wanna put money on having any chance of making the finals. The only real intersting things left between now and mid April is the All-Star weekend, blockbuster trades between the mid-range and bottom end teams and Blake Griffen coming up with new dunks.

Kudos to the Lakers for throwing the Cav fans a bone.

Reply #308608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking forward to Clippers V OKC on 1 on Weds!!

Reply #308771 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

no but they got swept by Dallas LOL

Reply #414434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754