Kriss
Years ago

Nash v Kidd v Stock

3 HOF PG's

Kidd; human tripple /double-double machine over his career...has lost a step but doesn't have to do quite as much any more with other players stepping up compared to his Suns/nets days

Nash; perhaps the best PG shooter and can control a game without taking more then 10 shots...amazing duration and still looks durable too

Srockton; the best pure point guard the game has seen. Even without Malone he would have had a HOF career with his court sense and IQ

My Q to you 'basketball junkies' out there is after seeing these guys each have a 13+ year career (or there abouts) who would you want to pick first in a mock draft...

Topic #24997 | Report this topic

celtic green  
Years ago

Kidd for sure. Nash only ever really kicked on when he got to Phoenix where they have built the team and the philosophy around him. He was borderline all star in Dallas, very good but not great. It was a travesty he won his first MVP over Shaq, the second I can vaguely understand (Stoudemaire down, still getting the wins, no one else stood out that year) but the first one was c**p.
Stockton was fantastic, but his system also helped him. Kidd you could put in any system and he would excel.
Having said that Nash and Stockton have played at such a high level for so long you have to consider them. But if I was building a team from scratch and had to choose, definitely Kidd. Does everything at a top level except shoot.

Reply #308737 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I'd take Magic Johnson over all three of them but that's not the question.

For me, it depends when the mock-draft is. I'd take a 32 year old Nash over the other variations of the other players.

Reply #308753 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Stevie.... He's so dreamy.

Reply #308758 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Nash; because I don't want my PG being a Triple Double machine. Just dish out dimes and score when needed.

If you're having to Rebound too, then the rest of your team is lacking in that category and needs to be fixed.

Reply #308991 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

me and a couple of mates of mine did Kidd v Nash v Payton about a year ago ... we all picked Payton

Reply #309185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754