Anonymous
Years ago

AHRC courts

What is the minimum standard for a district teams stadium?This week i was disgusted by the Mavs home ground that is court 2,not to mention the cement court at the entry.The main court looked very good ,but the others belong to a third world competition.How were they allowed to play district with grounds like that?

Topic #25006 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The courts are not Eastern Mavericks courts.

Learn something about basketball in this state before slagging off at a club.

Reply #308800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Courts are crap unless you get Court 1, but i am sure that Mavs, similar to many other D1 clubs would love to have/own/run their own stadiums, but $$$$$$ make this imposible, so we need to accept things as they are - unless Big kev gives all clubs abig pay-out prior to retirement.

Reply #308910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't ask who owns the courts,but why are they at Albanian 5th div standard.Most clubs if any own their own courts.And i am trying to learn more about basketball in this country,state since i have been here 2 years only.

Reply #308941 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

crt 3 isnt used for district games anyway. so dont stress as much

Reply #308944 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

bottom line we need several improved stadiums all round.

Govt / councils / BSA need to invest in community based multi purpose stadiums that appeal to several areas of the community - ie starplex set up.

pool and gym facilities are great for clubs as they can utilize them.

some stadiums were the bees knees in their day

Reply #308979 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Mount Barker Council refueses to upgrade this facility

Local Mt Barker Basketball has spent the last 5-10 years trying to convince them we need a 3rd court which would be place rigt next to Court 2 and would involve resurfacing court 2 but they dont help us.

Reply #309007 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

The roof over court one was leaking last Friday,refs had to mop up all game long.

Reply #309186 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754