LC
Years ago

Kobe Bryant honored in Hollywood

Kobe Bryant became the first athlete to have his hands and feet imprinted at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Saturday.

ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6140335

From the article:

"It's fitting that Kobe Bryant would have a place in Grauman's Chinese Theatre because although he's not an actor nor does he have any experience in theatrical arts he is -- wait, why is this fitting?" Kimmel said. "I'm not sure exactly. The closest Kobe has ever come to acting is pretending he's going to pass to Luke Walton."

Before introducing Bryant, Kimmel had a theory for why Bryant has never acted.

"I think this is where Kobe saw the movie 'Kazaam' and decided basketball players should never act; they should just play basketball," Kimmel said. "It is remarkable to be alongside so many legendary actors, especially considering his biggest acting credit was a role on 'Moesha.' It gives you an idea of what an impact this man has made. This is the highest honor you could bestow on an athlete short of winning a Kardashian's hand in marriage."

My brother in currently staying around the corner in Hollywood (and will be attending today's All star game) and was going to check it out but rain meant that most people could not see ther actual event - including them...

Topic #25019 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Rain in LA? Now I know you're lying!

Reply #309001 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep - rain. Apparently the weather was very ordinary yesterday.

Even the ESPN article makes reference to the rain!

Reply #309003 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754