Anon
Years ago

NBL Most Improved Player Award 2011

Anyone think they know who should get the Most Improved Player Award this season so far? I can think of several guys who fit the bill.

Topic #25030 | Report this topic

A.W  
Years ago

Is Daniel Dillon eligable as he has only ever played as a development player previously?

Reply #309093 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

cam tovey
tyson demos ??

Reply #309094 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Ian Chroswhite

Reply #309105 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Crosswhite, Tovey and Demos are great nominations. Can Graeme Dann win it?

Reply #309119 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Doesn't Oscar stand a chance for this one?

Reply #309122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think it will be out of Demos, Tovey or Dann. My prediction will be Tovey.

Reply #309128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ king james

I dont think oscar should be in the running because the year before last for the breakers he put up virtually the same numbers!! Cant really say he's the most improved when he has already had a season like this...If he had kept up his early form definitely. But he has dropped off a lot lately!!

Reply #309130 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oscar Forman.

Reply #309131 | Report this post

reeboks  
Years ago

Dann or Crosswhite. Will depend alot on how Crosswhite plays in the post season.
Dann has nothing to lose, so will likely let it all hang out.

Reply #309132 | Report this post

Fizzle  
Years ago

Oscar Forman....next question.

Reply #309134 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Michael cedar???

Reply #309143 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Anonymous, Oscar is up almost 5 points and 3 rebounds per game over last season.

Reply #309165 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Post season will hove nothing to do with it, as it will be announced on 4th April. Playoffs start on the 7th.

Reply #309169 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

KJ, but that season was a decline on the year before. Can't remember if that season was in the 48 minute game - probably?

If Dillon were eligible, he'd be a great chance. Real find for Cairns.

Reply #309175 | Report this post

Bucks  
Years ago

Tim Coenraad?

Reply #309191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Madgen. Started off as 12th palyer and now in starting 5. Has had some good games.

Reply #309211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My awards for whatever that is worth :)

MVP: Kirk Penney due to his winning team. Otherwise JK
Champs: New Zealand hands down
Defensive POY: Damian Martin - Causes constant havoc
Sixth Man: Kevin Braswell - A lethal scorer and playmaker.
COTY: Aaron Fearne (Cairns) Team was almost extinct 2 seasons ago. Then he took over.
MIP: Dann - Tovey - Dillon
ROY: Ater Majok. Luke Neville until he departed
Top 4: Breakers, Wildcats, Crocodiles, Taipans
All Import Team: Williams, Ervin, Wilkinson, Clark

Reply #309273 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Majok is no chance at ROTY compared to someone like Madgen or Dillon (if he qualifies). Hasn't even played half the season.

Reply #309283 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Faaaaark... just had a bunch of stats typed out & then I lost the post.

The essence of it:
* Demos has improved but going from complete chump to tolerable is not something to celebrate
* Tovey is improved but not actually very much, and his increased scoring has come at a huge cost in FG% (down 17% on last season)
* Dann of course didn't play last season. Compared to '09 he seems a better player but the numbers aren't compelling
* Forman, while improved dramatically over last season, has virtually identical numbers to the previous season. Is it really the spirit of MIP to reward a guy who was good, then had a bad season, then returned to normal again?

So, much to my own surprise, my vote goes to Ian Crosswhite.
7.4 -> 12.4 ppg (FG% marginally up)
4.9 -> 6.9 rpg
1.1 -> 2.4 apg

Reply #309290 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont agree on Tovey, I think he is a far more complete and consistent player this year. His second half of last year was pretty good but this year has has played well pretty much the whole way through.

As for his FG, it was so high last year because he rarely shot a jumpshot. This year he is a very decent three point shooter and a massively improved free throw shooter.

He has my vote but only just ahead of Crosswhite and Forman, who, despite what stats might say, is a far more complete player than the catch and shoot guy from the Breakers two years ago, his rebounding, defence and post game are hugely improved.

Reply #309295 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Trevor Gleeson thinks Michael Cedar should win it:
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/02/24/209961_sport.html

Points up from last year and assists & rebounds have doubled

Reply #309499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754