Anonymous
Years ago

Clipsal Clappers

Who here remembers the good old clipsal clappers that they used to hand out at the games all those years ago. We need to bring that type of atmosphere back to the dome!!!!

Topic #25037 | Report this topic

illicit  
Years ago

yeah they were awesome i had a blue an red one, and had a headache every game lol they were awesome an loud as hell

Reply #309278 | Report this post

sunnycoast  
Years ago

Still have 2 the kids love them now the good old days

Reply #309287 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I reckon for an investment of around $15,000 anyone could sponsor a clapper and it would be very good advertising.

Reply #309294 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It wouldnt even cost that much!

Surely they would be under $1 each to produce and you would only need 5000 of them.

Reply #309302 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yeah, you could get about 5,000 made for that, but I am thinking the Sixers might want something as well.

It's not like the Mallala Magpies mate.

Reply #309307 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think they were banned for being too loud. I would like them to come back

Reply #309313 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Too loud?

Since when can a basketball supporter be too loud?

If you don't like loud, don't go to the basketball, go watch the croquet

Reply #309316 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

I'm pissed cos i cant bring my horn anymore cos i was TOO LOUD!!!

But yeah i do remember those clappers and they were awesome....

Reply #309321 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

.. how about people just clap, cheer and stamp their feet.. it costs nothing.

Seemingly this season, more-so than previous seasons, no one can be bothered (We all know why.. but many people are not even firing up when we do something good!).

I guess it gives kids who can't clap loudly a way to make some noise.. but IMO its not kids that are the problem. It's the hundreds of adults who sit on their hands and never say boo through the entire game that give me the irrits.

Besides, I am keen to avoid the snotty turd that sits behind me smacking a clapper right behing my ears all through the game ;-) (as has been the case previously). people tend to hold clappers away from their body and near the back of people heads as apposed to hand-clapping.

Reply #309337 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Noise is great at the bball, but I'm with ShaneD smack one of those things incessantly behind my head and I'm not going to be a happy chappy.

Reply #309353 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

when i went across for the sixers game in melbourne. the tigers where giving them out too fans for free, they where even happy enough too give them to me and my two mates decked out in 36ers clothes. we made good use of the clappers that game, it was just a pity about the result.

Reply #309512 | Report this post

Me3  
Years ago

I thought this was about how they were playing this season

Reply #309618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Remember that time they gave out those miniature Mutual Community (?) trumpets and every kid in the stadium started incessantly playing them? I think that stands as one of the funniest moments ever at the Dome for me.

Reply #309619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vote #1 for canceling the memory of those damn clappers. Real fans get into the game with voice, hands and feet. Clappers are for lazy tossers that are too good to really get involved. Never liked them. Sure I understand wanting maximum crowd noise but let's not confuse clappers with crowd participation. Maybe it's just me but I want my crowd to sound like MSG during a playoff game.

NB. Yes I realise it been a while since that happened and yes I realise the disparity between the size of both crowds.

Reply #309637 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

LOL,can remember that Isaac it was like they had created a monster by handing them out.

Fairly sure it was late in the season and we had no chance of the finals but they really helped get the crowd involved and get a suprise win.

Reply #309645 | Report this post

The Special One  
Years ago

i remember that Isaac that was funny, but the atmosphere was great

Reply #309673 | Report this post

dave-blocknorth  
Years ago

I can recall buying one as an opposition member in the late 90's. I think the sale of the clapper went to supporting SA's Olympic hopefuls.
I dont mind the clapper, I think I had a red one, habe to see where it is me thinks.
Im up for the idea on a repeat version but a no go to those thunder sticks. They drove me mad

Reply #309796 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754